About Isabella Bulkeley
- Isabel de Egerton1
- F, #449323, d. 1395
- Last Edited=24 Sep 2010
- Isabel de Egerton was the daughter of Philip de Egerton and Ellen de Saint-Pierre.1 She married, thirdly, Sir John Delves.1 She married, firstly, Robert Bulkeley.1 She married, secondly, John Venables.1 She died in 1395, without surviving issue.1
- Her married name became Venables.1 Her married name became Bulkeley.1 Her married name became Delves.1
- 1.[S344] Burke's Peerage and Gentry, online http://www.burkes-peerage.net. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Gentry.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p44933.htm#i449323
- The history of the county palatine and city of Chester: .... Vol. II.
- EGERTON, OF EGERTON. Pg.350-351
From ~George Ormerod's The History of County Palatine and City of Chester, Vol III, p. 199
Sir Hugh de Venables of Kinderton was a minor in 4 Edward II, was the heir of his elder brother William, the inquisition after his death took place in 41 Edward III. He first married Elizabeth, daughter of William and sister and coheiress of Sir Roger de Modburlegh, lord of Mobberley.
With Elizabeth, he his children were:
- William de Venables, who died before his father, and married first to Agnes, daughter of sir Peter de Dutton of Warburyton, and second Maud, daughter of Richard de Vernon of Shipbrook, 16 Edward III, widow 24 Edward III.
- John de Venables married Isabel daughter of Philip de Eggerton, and had issue, William, who, with his father, died in the lifetime of Sir Hugh.
Sir Hugh de Venables married Katherine, daughter of Richard de Houghton. Their children were:
- Hugh de Venables, who succeeded his father as Baron of Kinderton
- Roger de Venables, married Elizabeth, widow of Sir Randle le Roter and daughter and heiress of Sir William Golborne.
- Joane de Venables wife of Thomas Lathom, lord of Lathom, Lancashire, and mother of Isabell, wife of Sir John de Stanley of Lathom.