Isabelle Gerard (Strangeways)
|Also Known As:||"Isabel", "Isabell", "Isabella", "Gerrard"|
|Birthplace:||Harlsey Castle, Yorkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Pontypool, Monmouthshire, Wales|
Daughter of Sir James Strangeways of West Harlsey and Joan Strangeways
|Managed by:||Carol Ann Selis|
Matching family tree profiles for Isabelle Gerard
About Isabelle Gerard
- Isabel Strangeways1,2,3
- F, #27395, d. after February 1448
- Father Thomas Strangeways2,3
- Isabel Strangeways married Sir Peter Gerard, son of John Gerard, Esq., Justice of the Peace for the county palatine and Alice Boteler, before 1428; They had 1 son (Sir Thomas) and 1 daughter (Margaret, wife of John Boteler).2,3 Isabel Strangeways died after February 1448.2,3
- Family Sir Peter Gerard b. c 1407, d. 26 Mar 1447
- Margaret Gerard+4 b. c 1430, d. 1452
- Sir Thomas Gerard+2,3 b. 15 Jul 1431, d. 27 Mar 1490
- 1.[S8487] Unknown author, Burke's Peerage, 1938, p. 1079.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 249.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 82.
- 4.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 716-717.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p912.htm#i27395
- Isobella Strangeways1
- F, #418352
- Last Edited=1 Mar 2010
- Isobella Strangeways married Sir Peter Gerard, son of John Gerard and Alice le Boteler.1
- Her married name became Gerard.
- Child of Isobella Strangeways and Sir Peter Gerard
- 1.Sir Thomas Gerard+2 b. c 1430, d. b 1494
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1535. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p41836.htm#i418352
- Isabel STRANGEWAYS
- Born: 1409
- Father: James STRANGEWAYS (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Joan ORRELL
- Married: Peter GERARD (Sir) (b. 1404 - d. 1450) (son of Sir John Gerard and Alice Butler) ABT 1426, Bryn and Kingsle, Cheshire, England
- 1. Thomas GERARD (b. 15 Jul 1431 - d. BEF 1494) (m. Douce Assheton)
- 2. Margaret GERARD (b. ABT 1433) (m. John Butler)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/STRANGEWAYS.htm#Isabel STRANGEWAYS1
- Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came to America before ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, Kaleen E. Pg.209
- 36. Sir Peter Gerard, Knt., of Kinsley & Bryn, b. 1407, d. 26 Mar 1447; m. Isabel (Isabella) Strangeways, liv. 1447 (perhaps) dau. of Thomas Strangeways.
- 37. Sir Thomas Gerard, Knt., of Kingsley & Bryn, b. 15 July 1431, ward of Thomas Danyell 1449, proof of age 2 Aug. 1452, pension from Edw. IV, d. 27 Mar. 1490; m. abt 1440 as child (1) Douce (Dulcia) Assheton, dau. of Sir Thomas Assheton of Ashton-under-Lyme, co. Lanc. by Elizabeth Byron, dau. of Sir John Byron; m. (2) Cecily Foulshurst, dau. Sir Robert Foushurst, d. 24 May 1502.
Isabelle Gerard's Timeline
July 15, 1431
Brynhill Brindle, Chorley, Lancashire, England
Pontypool, Monmouthshire, Wales