Jacob Gallup, Jr.
|Birthplace:||Ledyard, New London County, Connecticut, United States|
|Death:||Died in Ledyard, New London, CT, USA|
|Place of Burial:||Ledyard, New London County, Connecticut, United States|
Son of Jacob Gallup, Sr. and Rebecca Allyn
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Capt. Jacob Gallup Jr.
About Capt. Jacob Gallup Jr.
Capt. Jacob Gallup was born in North Groton, April 24, 1787. He was a carpenter and farmer and prosecuted his callings with great energy and success. He was a Democrat in politics, and as such represented the town of Ledyard in the State Legislature in the years 1844 and 1848. He was married May 24, 1812, to Parthenia Morgan, who was born Sept. 4, 1794. Their children were:
- A daughter born Feb. 3, 1814, died Feb. 19, 1814.
- Prudence, born Sept. 27, 1815, married Aug. 4, 1836, John W. Bill, of Lyme.
- Jacob Lorenzo, born Nov. 27, 1818.
- Francina, born April 20, 1821, married Oct. 19, 1841, Dudley Davis, of Stonington.
- Calvin, died July 20, 1821, aged one month.
- Horace, died May 27, 1828, aged eight months.
Mrs. Parthenia (Morgan) Gallup died in 1828. Capt. Gallup married as a second wife, Mrs. Sarah (Bill) Williams. She bore him one child, viz. : Sarah Ann, born Sept., 1835, died May, 1864. Capt. Gallup died Nov. 11, 1852. His widow, Mrs. Sarah Bill Gallup, died Feb. 24, 1878. Capt Gallup was one of the foremost men in his time. He was a staunch Democrat in his day, and few men were more active in all the offices of life than he.
HISTORY OF THE TOWN OF LEDYARD 1650-1900, by Rev. John Avery, published by Noyes & Davis: Press, Norwich, Connecticut, 1901, p. 195-6