Matching family tree profiles for Jacob Lawson
About Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson, DAR Ancestor # A131700, was born 1761 Bedford, Virginia and died September 5,1833 Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee. He married Mary "Polly" possibly Dobson (some have her name as Dolly Clue; some as Mary "Polly" Reynolds) on August 1784 Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee. She was born 1765 Hawkins County, Tennessee and died July 10, 1844.
- On 25 November, 1833 Petition of Reynolds Lawson and William Miller,Administrators of Jacob Lawson, deceased, to sell negroes. Jacob Lawson had 10 distributes.
- When Jacob and Moreman Lawson came into Hawkins County, Tennessee they settled along the Holston River on the banks of Dodson Creek.
- DNA: Haplogroup/Heritage: HVR1=German, France, Ireland, 2006,. (mtDNA: http://www.cattley-sanders.com/lawsonnotsoindianline.htm)
- Elizabeth ( b: AUG 1785; d aft 1838). Married William Finnel or FINNEY b: ABT 1775
- Anna b: abt 1788. Married Thomas HAYNES b: ABT 1787
- Bartholomew b: abt 1790.
- Lewis Kendrick ( b: 1792-d: aft 1890). Married Mary BOWEN b: 1792
- Lazarus (1794-1863). Died in Franklin County, Tennessee. Married Helen Marie Rodgers b: 8 FEB 1809
- Russell Harrell b: 1798. Married Malvina Lawson, daughter of Peter Lawson b: 1760 & Winnie Davis
- Reynolds (Runnolds) b: 1802. Married Jane.
- Nancy, born about 1801-10. She married William Miller of Roane County, Tennessee.
- Tennessee b: abt 1802.
- Matilda (b: abt 1811-d 1847) Married Anderson CAMPBELL b: ABT 1805.
- 1. Virgil White's Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files. Living in Henry Co.,Virginia when enlisted applied for pension 1832 Hawkins, TN.
- HAWKINS COUNTY, TN - MILITARY - Jacob & Polly Lawson, Revolutionary War Pension Application