|Also Known As:||"Samuel"|
|Birthplace:||Scituate, (Present Plymouth County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)|
|Death:||Died in Newton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony|
|Managed by:||Christian Aaron PERKS|
Matching family tree profiles for Dr. Jacob Willard
About Dr. Jacob Willard
- Name: Jacob Samuel WILLARD
- Birth: 1650 in Scituate, Plymouth, MA
- Death: 1678 in Newton, Middlesex, MA
- Father: George WILLARD b: 1614 in Horsemonden, Kent, England
- Mother: Dorothy DUNSTER b: 1628 in Baleholt, Lancaster, England
- Spouse: Mary WHITE b: 1 MAR 1650/51 in Watertown, Middlesex, MA. Married 23 OCT 1677 in Watertown, Middlesex, MA.
- Jonathan WILLARD b: 1678 in Watertown, Middlesex, MA. Married Sarah Bartlett.
From "Willard Genealogy" ed. by Charles H. Pope, 1915, p. 14, 24-25.
- Believed to been born about 1650 but no records of baptism found in MA where first 3 children of family baptized. Writer gives numerous reasons that Jacob RIN 197 should be considered son of George RIN 199 but admits no hard evidence found for assumption.
- 1675 Jacob Willard, was a soldier in the Narraganset expedition in 1675. The archives of the Commonwealth show, under the list of those in Newton, "Jonatlian Willard, for his father Jacob," among the grantees of Narraganset, No. 2.a Narragansett Bay and western Rhode Island
- Listed a "chirurgion" [surgeon] in one roll of the three companies he served with in King Philip's War.
- Captain Mosely's Company 10 Dec 1675.
- Capt. Samuel Appleton's Company 24 Jun 1676 as chirurgion.
- Captain Henchman's Company 23 Sep 1676.
From "The Descendants of Joseph Bartlett of Newton, MA" by Aldis Hibner, 1934, p. 16.
- Married to Mary White RIN 198. Of Watertown, MA. Son of George Willard RIN 199 and brother of famous Simon Willard. Documentation provided.
From "Willard Genealogy" ed. by Charles H. Pope, 1915, p. 24.
- Date of marriage 23 Oct 1677 at Watertown to Mary White, daughter of Anthony White and Grace Hall. Her date of birth listed as 1 Mar 1650 in Watertown. Her father's will in 1686 stated "I give to my daughter Mary Willard 5 schil(lings) in money (having laid) out for her before 30 or 40 pounds already."
From "Genealogies of Families and Descendents of Early Settlers of Watertown, MA" by Henry Bond, 1860, p. 639.
- Date of marriage 23 Oct 1677, no place listed.
From "Willard Genealogy" ed. by Charles H. Pope, 1915.
- Assumption that Jacob died soon after birth of first and only recorded child Jonathan about 1678 since no other land or public records mention him. Also apparently his wife's father Anthony White had been giving his daughter Mary Willard sums of money for some time prior to Anthony's death in 1686.