James Butler, 12th Baron Dunboyne
|Birthplace:||Burnchurch, , Kilkenny, Ireland|
|Place of Burial:||Cashel, St. Johnbaptist, Tipperary, Ireland|
Son of Edmund Butler, 1st/11th Baron Dunboyne and Julia Burke, Countess of Clanricarde
|Occupation:||James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne|
|Managed by:||Kerry Ann Plunket|
Matching family tree profiles for James Butler, 12th Baron Dunboyne
About James Butler, 12th Baron Dunboyne
JAMES, Second LORD DUNBOYNE, who was summoned to and sat in Parliament in the reigns of Queen Elizabeth and King James the First.
' The said James, second Lord Dunboyne, was twice married. By his first marriage with the Honorable Margaret Fitzpatrick, daughter of Barnaby, Lord of Upper Ossory, the said James, second Lord Dunboyne, had four sons, viz. : —
1 John, who died, in his father's lifetime, leaving issue ;
2 Pierce, of Ballydroghid, who left issue that afterwards succeeded to the
3 Walter, who died without issue ;
4 Thomas, who also died without issue.
By the second marriage of the said James, second Lord Dunboyne, with Margaret, daughter of Cornelius O'Brien, Earl of Thomond, he had many sons, of whom the two following were the eldest : —
1 James of Grellagh, who left issue that never succeeded to the title ;
2 Edward of Clare, from whom the Claimant is descended.
Pedigree from http://www.thepeerage.com/p7342.htm#i73419
James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne1
M, #73419, b. circa 1547, d. 8 February 1624/25
James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne|b. c 1547\nd. 8 Feb 1624/25|p7342.htm#i73419|Edmund Butler, 1st/11th Baron Dunboyne|d. May 1567|p15504.htm#i155037|Julia MacCarthy||p15491.htm#i154902|James Butler, 10th Baron Dunboyne|d. 15 Jan 1538|p22951.htm#i229507|Joan Butler||p7347.htm#i73463|Cormac 'Oge' MacCarthy|b. 1447\nd. 1537|p15491.htm#i154903||||
Last Edited=7 Mar 2008
James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne was born circa 1547. He was the son of Edmund Butler, 1st/11th Baron Dunboyne and Julia MacCarthy.2 He married, secondly, Margaret O'Brien, daughter of Conor O'Brien, 2nd Earl of Thomond.3 He married, firstly, Margaret FitzPatrick, daughter of Barnaby FitzPatrick, 2nd Baron Upper Ossory and Joan Eustace, circa 1580.4 He died on 8 February 1624/25.3
James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne succeeded to the title of 12th Baron Dunboyne [I., 1324] in May 1567.4 He succeeded to the title of 2nd Baron Dunboyne, co. Meath [I., 1541] in May 1567.4 He had two other sons by his first wife (who both died without issue).4
Children of James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne and Margaret FitzPatrick
* Hon. John Butler+ d. 7 Jan 1602 5
* Hon. Pierce Butler+ d. 1626 4
Children of James Butler, 2nd/12th Baron Dunboyne and Margaret O'Brien
* James Butler+ 3
* Edward Butler+ 3
* Hon. Theobald Butler+ b. 1610 3
1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 396. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IV, page 516.
3. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1213. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
4. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 1212.
5. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IV, page 517.
James Butler, 12th Baron Dunboyne's Timeline
Burnchurch, , Kilkenny, Ireland
Tiobraid Árann, Ireland
of Clare, Clare, Ire.
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
Pollardstown, Kildare, Ireland
Cabragh, Mullaghbrack, Armagh, Ireland
Cashel, St. Johnbaptist, Tipperary, Ireland