Historical records matching James Hall
About James Hall
Hall, James. ?-26/10/1854. Ref: 668. Male.
- Place of Death: Ashiesteel, Selkirkshire.
- Profession: Advocate, Amateur Artist.
- Appointments Held: Advocate 1821; Judge in Illinois, USA; Exhibited at the Royal Academy 1835-54.
- Mother: Lady Helen Douglas d.1837.
- Father: Sir James Hall of Dunglass FRSE 1761-1832.
- Siblings: Sir John Hall of Dunglass FRSE 1795-1866, Capt Basil Hall FRSE 1788-1844, William Hall FRSE.
- References: DNB 24, 1890, 69; F J Grant 1944.
- Date of Election: 05/12/1825.
- Proposers: Sir William Forbes (Council Minute 04/04/1825, 18/04/1825 NLS Acc10000/16).
- Notes: Born c. 1800 Campbell's lists prior to 1989 state that he Resigned 1826-30. Campbell states that he was a Judge in Illinois.
- Fellow Type: OF.
SOURCE: Waterston, Charles D; Macmillan Shearer, A (July 2006). Biographical index of former fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1783-2002: Biographical Index. I. Edinburgh: The Royal Society of Edinburgh. ISBN 978-0-902198-84-5. page 402