James Henderson, 1st baron Of Fordell - Kings Advocate
|Also Known As:||"James Henderson", "1st Baron of Fordell"|
|Death:||Died in Branxton, Northumberland, England|
|Cause of death:||Killed in the Battle of Flodden.|
Son of Robert Henderson and Jonet Henderson
|Occupation:||Lord Justice Clerk, 1st Baron of Fordell, King's Advocate|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for James Henderson, 1st of Fordell
About James Henderson, 1st of Fordell
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on James Henderson:
James Henderson, 1st of Fordell 
- M, #437415,
- d. 9 September 1513
- Last Edited=2 Mar 2012
James Henderson, 1st of Fordell was the son of Robert Henderson and Jonet (?).
He married Helen Baty.
He died on 9 September 1513 at Flodden Field, Northumberland, England, killed in action.
- He held the office of Lord Advocate between 1494 and 1507.
- In 1504 he acquired lands at Balbeithy.
- In 1506 he acquired lands at Stratoun.
- In 1508 he acquired lands at Carrick.
- He held the office of Lord Justice Clerk.
- He fought in the Battle of Flodden on 9 September 1513.
Children of James Henderson, 1st of Fordell and Helen Baty
- 1. James Henderson  d. 9 Sep 1513
- 2. George Henderson, 2nd of Fordell+ d. 10 Sep 1547
- 3. Margaret Henderson 
- 4. Agnes Henderson 
- 5. Isabella Henderson 
- 1. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1864. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
Titled the Baron of Fordell in 1511. http://www.archive.org/stream/hendersonchronic00mccu/hendersonchronic00mccu_djvu.txt
James Henderson (son of Robert Henderson and Janet) was born 1450 in Fordell, Scotlandand died 09 Sep 1513 in Battle Flodden Field, Northumberland, England. He married Helen Baty on 1497 in Fifeshire, Scotland , daughter of John Baty and Isabel Clerk.
James Henderson, 1st of Fordell's Timeline
Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland
September 9, 1513
Branxton, Northumberland, England