Jane Browne (Radcliffe)
|Birthplace:||Matlock, Derbyshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Midhurst, West Sussex, England|
|Place of Burial:||Midhurst, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom|
Daughter of Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Sussex and Margaret Radcliffe (Stanley), Countess of Sussex
|Managed by:||Edward Malcolm King|
Matching family tree profiles for Jane Browne
About Jane Browne
- 'Jane Radcliffe1,2,3
- 'F, b. circa 1532, d. 22 July 1552
- Father Sir Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl Sussex, Viscount FitzWalter, 7th Lord FitzWalter, Great Chamberlain of England1,4,3 b. c 1483, d. 27 Nov 1542
- Mother Margaret Stanley1,4,3 d. a Jan 1534
- ' Jane Radcliffe was born circa 1532 at of Attleborough, Norfolk, England.1,3 She married Sir Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu, Sheriff of Surrey & Sussex, son of Sir Anthony Browne, Master of the Horse and Alice Gage, circa 1549; They had 1 son (Anthony) and 1 daughter (Mary, wife of Henry Wriothesley, Earl of Southampton).2,3 Jane Radcliffe died on 22 July 1552 at Cowdray, Sussex, England; In childbirth.1,3 She was buried on 4 August 1552 at Midhurst, Sussex, England; Age 20; died in childbirth. Her remains were later removed to Easebourne, Sussex.1
- 'Family Sir Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu, Sheriff of Surrey & Sussex b. c 1528, d. 19 Oct 1592
- ◦Mary Browne+5 b. c 1550, d. Nov 1607
- ◦Anthony Brown+3 b. 22 Jul 1552, d. 29 Jun 1592
- 1.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 97-99.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 375.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 228.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 374.
- 5.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/1, p. 126-127.
- 'Jane RADCLIFFE
- 'Born: ABT 1532
- 'Died: 22 Jul 1552, Cowdray (childbed), Guildford/Peterborough, Surrey, England
- 'Buried: 4 Aug 1552, Midhurst
- Father: Robert RADCLIFFE (1° E. Sussex)
- Mother: Margaret STANLEY (C. Sussex)
- 'Married: Anthony BROWNE (1º V. Montague)
- 1. Anthony BROWNE (Sir)
- 2. Mary BROWNE (C. Southampton)
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/RADCLIFFE1.htm#Jane RADCLIFFE1
- 'Lady Jane Radcliffe1
- 'F, #65869, b. 1533, d. 1553
- Last Edited=5 Apr 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.04%
- ' Lady Jane Radcliffe was born in 1533. She married Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu, son of Sir Anthony Browne and Alice Gage, circa 1551.1 She died in 1553, in childbed.
- ' She was the daughter of Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Sussex and Lady Margaret Stanley.1,2 Her married name became Browne.
- 'Children of Lady Jane Radcliffe and Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu
- 1.Hon. Anthony Browne+ d. 29 Jun 1592
- 2.Hon. Mary Browne+3 b. 22 Jul 1552, d. bt 22 Apr 1607 - 14 Nov 1607
- 1.[S1541] Beatrice Potter, "re: Lady Isabella Somerset," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 30 November 2005. Hereinafter cited as "re: Isabella Somerset."
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003). Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 3.[S15] George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume I, page 122. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
Jane Browne's Timeline
July 22, 1522
Matlock, Derbyshire, England
July 22, 1552
July 22, 1552
Midhurst, West Sussex, England
Midhurst, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom