About Jane Reno
Notes for JANE BANGAR:
Married 1) to John Garner; 7 children; 2) Thomas Reno. She & Thomas did not have any children.
in Fauquier County, Virginia Deeds, pages 646-649, February 23, 1766, it reads: "B&S. Between Thomas Renoe & Jane, his wife, of Detingen Par., Pr. Wm. Co. and Thomas Garner (son of the sd. Jane) ... 150 a. ...which the sd. Jane, wife of Thomas REnoe, chose for her Dowry of all the land of John Garner, dec'd. (late husband of sd. Jane)..."
In Fauquier County Court on March 1, 1765, it is noted as follows: "On the motion of Thomas Marshall, Thomas McClanhame and Thomas Garner Junr. who were securities for Jane, the wife of Thomas Renoe, for her administration of John Garner's estate, it is ordered that she be summoned to appear at next Court to give them counter security."
In Fauquier County Court on July 22, 1765, it reads: Charles Morgan, Plt. agt. Thomas Renoe and Jane his Wife, Administratrix &c. of John Garner, deced., Defts. On a Petition. Judgment is granted Plt. against Defts. for two pounds, eight shillings and an half penny and his costs by him in this behalf expended to be levied of the goods and chattels of the decedenent at the time of his death in the hands of the Defts. to be administered."
- Garner-Keene families of Northern Neck, Virginia by Ruth Ritchie, Sudie Rucker Wood. R. Ritchie and S. R. Wood, 1952 - Reference - 241 pages. Page 68
- J.H. Garner Genealogy Database
Jane French was born ABT 1703/1705 in Stafford Co., Virginia and died BEF Mar 1743 in Prince William, Virginia. She was not mentioned in her father's will dated 23 Mar 1743.
- parents: James French b: ABT 1686 & Elizabeth b: ABT 168
- ABT 1720 in Virginia to Thomas Reno b: ABT 1703 in , Stafford Co., Virginia as his first wife; he married Mary 2nd and Jane Bangar, widow of John Garner, 3rd. He was the oldest som of Lewis Reno & Margaret Faux.
Children all born in Stafford County (present day Prince William), Virginia
- Thomas, Jr. b: 1720/1735 d abt Sept 1776 Prince William county, VA
- Lewis, Sr. b: 1720/1735 d aft 1769
- William b: 1720/1735 d abt 1776 Prince William county, VA
- Catherine b: ABT 1726 d 1774 Georgia
- Margaret b: 1725/1735
- Mary "Mollie" b: 1725/1735
- Sebret b: 1725/1735 d 1778 Prince William county, VA. Notes: The accounting of the estate of Thomas Reno by Thomas Leewright contains three entries suggesting that Sebret Reno was Thomas Reno's son: (1) to Sebret Reno, his account; (2) to John Farrow for coffin for Sebret Reno, deceased; and (3) for 1/2 gallon of whiskey for the use of Sebret Reno burying.
- "Chart #14, James French of Prince William, Stafford, Prince Edward, and Fauquier Counties, VA and Montgomery Co. KY," French Family Association (http://www.frenchfamilyassoc.com/FFA/CHARTS/Chart014/, 15 Jan 2010).
- A Genealogical and Biographical History of the Field Family of Massachusetts and Vermont, and the French-Henry Families of Virginia and Texas. by Charles Kellog Field, III (Gateway Press, Baltimore, MD, 1985).
- "Genealogy of the Reno/Reneau Family in America, 1600-1930," by Steven G. Fancy & Sue Reneau Damewood.
Jane Reno's Timeline
Stafford, VA, USA
February 20, 1743
Westmoreland, Virginia, United States
February 23, 1766