Matching family tree profiles for Joan Carew
About Joan Carew
- Joan Carminow1,2,3,4
- F, #67888, b. circa 1424
- Father Thomas Carminow2,3,4 b. c 1390
- Mother Joan Hill2,3,4 b. c 1402
- Joan Carminow was born circa 1424 at of Boconnoc, Cornwall, England.3 She married Thomas Carew, Esq., Baron Carew, son of Sir Nicholas Carew, Baron Carew and Joan Courtenay, circa 1444; They had 1 son (Sir Nicholas, Baron Carew) and 2 daughter (Isabel; & Margaret).1,3,4 Joan Carminow married Sir Halnath Mauleverer, Sheriff of Cornwall & Devon, Constable of Launceston Castle, son of John Mauleverer and Isabel Markenfield, between 10 November 1461 and 1477.3,4 Her estate was probated on 12 April 1502.3,4
- Family 1 Thomas Carew, Esq., Baron Carew b. c 1427, d. b 10 Nov 1461
- Nicholas Carew, Esq., Baron Carew, Sheriff of Devonshire+1,3,4 b. c 1444, d. c 21 Nov 1470
- Family 2 Sir Halnath Mauleverer, Sheriff of Cornwall & Devon, Constable of Launceston Castle d. a 1484
- 1.[S11579] A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland, Vol. I, by John Burke, Esq.,, p. 557, notes.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 185.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 403.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 99.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2259.htm#i67888
- Plantagenet ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families By Douglas Richardson, Kimball G. Everingham
- Pg. 185
- 15. THOMAS CAREW, Esq., Baron Carew, of Carew Castle, Pembrokeshire, Mamhead, Ottery Mohun (in Luppit), Galmpton (in Churston Ferrers), and Monkton, Devon, and in right of his wife, of Ashwater, Devon, son and heir, born about 1427 (of age in 1448). He married JOAN CARMINOW, daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Carminow, of Boconnoc, Cornwall and Ashwater, Devon, by Joan, Daughter of Robert Hill. They had one son, Nicholas, Knt. [Baron Carew], and two daughters, Isabel and Margaret. THOMAS CAREW died before 10 Nov. 1461. His widow, Joan, Married (2nd) Halnath Mauleverer, of Allerton Mauleverer, near Knaresborough, usher in King Edward IV's household, Sheriff of cos. Cornwall and Devon, Constable of Launceston Castle, Esquire of the Body for King Richard III, younger son of John Mauleverer, by Isabel, daughter of Thomas Markenfield, Knt. Her will was proved 12 April 1502 (P.C.C. 73 Blamyr). . . . . .
- Joan Carminowe1
- F, #203532
- Last Edited=20 Aug 2006
- Joan Carminowe is the daughter of Thomas Carminowe.1 She married Thomas Carew, son of Sir Nicholas Carew and Joan Courtenay.1
- Her married name became Carew.
- Child of Joan Carminowe and Thomas Carew
- 1.John Carew+2 d. 1470
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 682. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p20354.htm#i203532
- Thomas CAREW of Mohun's Ottery
- Died: BEF 12 Apr 1502, Mohun's Ottery, Devonshire, England
- Father: Nicholas CAREW (B. Carew)
- Mother: Joan COURTENAY
- Married: Joan CARMINOWE (dau. of Thomas Carminowe and Jane Hill)
- 1. Nicholas CAREW (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/CAREW1.htm#Thomas CAREW of Mohuns Ottery1
Joan Carew's Timeline
Crowan, Cornwall, England
Ottery-Mohun, Devon, England
Painswich, Gloucestershire, England
April 12, 1502
Ashwater, Holsworthy, Devon, England