Joanna Wing (Hatch)
|Also Known As:||"Winge"|
|Birthplace:||Scituate, Plymouth Colony|
|Death:||Died in Hanover, Plymouth County, Province of Massachusetts|
Daughter of Jeremiah Hatch and Mary Hatch
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Joanna Wing
- Joanna Hatch Wing
- Birth: Mar. 21, 1662
- Death: May 20, 1761
- 99 yrs 1 mo 30 days
- Children of Joanna & Bachelder:
- Ebenezer Wing b. 20 Nov 1694, d. a 1768
- Sylvanus Wing b. 13 Oct 1697, d. 6 Nov 1778
- Thankful Wing b. c 1702
- Mary Wing b. 16 Oct 1704, d. 24 Aug 1795
- Family links:
- Bachelor / Bachelder Wing (1671 - 1740)
- Ebenezer Wing (1694 - 1768)*
- Sylvanus Wing (1697 - 1778)*
- Thankful Wing Jones (1702 - 1740)*
- Mary Wing Whiton (1704 - 1795)*
- Burial: Unknown
- Find A Grave Memorial# 93870254
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=93870254
- HATCH, Joanna
- b. 21 MAR 1662/3 Scituate, Plymouth, Mass.
- Father: HATCH, Jeremiah
- Mother: HEWES, Mary
- Marriage: 1693
- Spouse: WING, Bachelor
- b. JUN 1671 Sandwich, Barnstable, Mass.
- Father: WING, Daniel
- Mother: EWER, Ann
- WING, Ebenezer b. 20 NOV 1694 Sandwich, Barnstable, Mass.
- WING, Thomas
- WING, Thankful
- WING, Mary b. ABT 1701 Scituate, Plymouth, Mass.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_4a6.htm#58
- The New England historical and genealogical register, Volume 70 By Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- .... etc.
- 9. WILLIAM HATCHE (Thomas, John the Younger, Thomas, Thomas, John), baptized at Tenterden, co. Kent, 9 Dec. 1563, was living 27 Dec. 1611, when his brother Thomas made his will, but died before 13 Feb. 1627/8, when his daughter Mary was licensed to marry William Sudell. He married, probably about 1593, ANNE —— , who was living as his widow at Tenterden 22 Jan. 1629/30, when her daughter Anne was licensed to marry John Beadle of New Romney. The will of John Hatche, the testator of 1628/9, names his brother William's children.
- Children: .... etc.
- 10. THOMAS HATCH (William, Thomas, John the Younger, Thomas, Thomas, John), of Wye, co. Kent, and Scituate, Mass., born, probably about 1596, died in New England before 14 June 1646, when his widow brought her daughter Hannah to be baptized.* He married, probably about 1622 LYDIA —— . He lived for a while at Wye, where in 1626 and 1628 two of his children were baptized. .... The date of his emigration to New England is not known; but he may have come with his brother William, on his second trip to New England, in the Castle, in 1638. He settled at Scituate, and was proposed as a freeman 5 Mar. 1638/9.
- His widow, Lydia, married secondly, abot 1654, John Spring of Watertown, Mass., but continued to live in Scituate. About her the Plymouth Colony Records, uner date of 6 Oct. 1659, have the following: "Conserning a certaine woman, viz", the wife of John Spring, of Watertowne, which was somtimes the wife of Thomas Hatch, of Scittuate, which said woman hath lived about three or foure yeares att Sicttuate from her husband, the Court have ordered, that shee either repaire to her husband with all convenient speed, or to repaire to Duxburrow to the house of Mr Alden, on the twentyeth of this p'sent month of Octobert, to give a reason why shee doth not; and incase shee shall refuse to attend this order, the Court will take a speedy course to send her to her said husband."† Evidently she satisfied the authorities as to her reasons for living apart from her husband, for in 1665 she was still living in Scituate, when, as Lydia Spring, she took oath to the statements which her son-in-law, Jonas Pickles, made to her as to his wishes regarding the disposition of his property after his death.
- i. ....etc.
- * Much confusion has arisen and numerous errors have appeared in various printed works regarding two settlers in Plymough Colony named Thomas Hatch. Besides Thomas Hatch of Scituate, there was a Thomas Hatach, an early propietor of Dorchester, Mass., who was propounded as a freeman 14 May 1634. (Massachusetts Bay Records, vol. 1, p. 369.) He removed to Barnstable, where he was propounded as a freeman 1 June 1641. At Barnstable, in Aug. 1643, he was on the list of those able to bear arms, that is, he was between 16 and 60 years of age. He had land in both Yarmouth and Barnstable, and took the oath of fidelity in Yarmouth in 1657. he died about 1660, and on 7 May 1661 his widow Grace presented his inventory. On 3 Mar. 1662/3 administration on his estate was granted Jonathan Hatch and to Lydia, wife of Henry Taylor, who were without doubt his children. (Plymouth Colony Records, Court Orders, vol. 4, p. 31.) This Thomas Hatch of Dorchester, Yarmouth, and Barnstable did not belong to the Hatch family of Scituate, which came from co. Kent.
- † Plymouth Colony Records, Court Orders, vol. 3, p. 174.
- ii. JEREMIAH, bapt. at Wye, co. Kent, 23 July 1626; emigrated with his parents to New England; d. between 1709 or 1710, when he ordered James Torrey to obliterate three lines in his will,† and 16 Mar. 1712/13, when the will was proved; m. at Scituate, 29 Dec. 1657, MARY HEWES, dau. of John "the Welchman." She d. between 1713 and 20 Sept. 1716, when her will was proved. Jeremiah Hatch was a shipbuilder at Scituate. .... Children, b. at Scituate: 1. Mary, b. 14 Feb. 1658/9. 2. Jeremiah, b. 31 Aug. 1660. 3. Joanna, b. 21 Mar. 1662/3. 4. Mercy, b. 15 Apr. 1665. 5. John, b. 4 Jan 1666/7. 6. Elizabeth, b. 10 Mar. 1668/9; m. her second cousin, Israel Hatch (11, i, 7). 7. Lydia, b. 5 Dec. 1669. 8. Phebe, b. 8 Apr. 1671. 9 Thomas, b. 15 Dec. 1672. 10 James, b. 4 May 1674. 11. Anna, b. 6 Oct. 1677. 12. Deborah, b. 24 Mar. 1678/9.
- iii. .... etc.
- * Copies of these deeds are in the possession of Israel H. Hatch of Marshfield, Mass.
- † See deposition attached to the will, in the Plymouth Probate Records.
- ‡ Savage's Genealogical Dict., vol. 3, p. 488, states that Daniel Prior or Pryor had a wife Mary; and in the records of the Second Church of Scituate, under date of 6 July 1656, is found the baptism of "Daniel grandchild to our sister Spring, and sonne to Daniel Pryor."
- .... etc.
Joanna Wing's Timeline
March 21, 1663
Scituate, Plymouth Colony
October 13, 1697
Sandwich, Barnstable, Massachusetts, United States
Scituate, Plymouth, ME
October 16, 1704
Scituate, Plymouth County, Province of Massachusetts
May 20, 1721
Hanover, Plymouth County, Province of Massachusetts