About Joaquin Damaso Novicio Luna
Joaquin Damaso Novicio Luna was a businessman and politician, and brother to artist Juan and military tactician Antonio. He served as Governor of La Union from 1904 to 1908, Representative to the General Assembly from 1907 to 1916 and Governor/Senator from 1916 to 1919 (Twelfth Senatorial District of Mt. Province, Baguio, Nueva Vizcaya, Agusan, Bukidnon, Cotobato, Davao, Lanao, Sulu and Zamboanga). He penned the bill that created the UP Conservatory of Music in 1908.
- Den. "Filipino Martyr: Joaquin N. Luna." Pinoy Folk Tales. N.p., 18 Jan. 2013. Web. 12 July 2015. <http://bit.ly/1gvmIg0>.
- "Joaquin Luna." The Senate of the Philippines. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 July 2015. <http://bit.ly/1O3nHzl>.
- "Joaquin Novicio Luna". Retrato.com. http://bit.ly/Y2QhUV. Date: 10 Feb 2013.
- "Manuel N. Luna- 19th Century Filipino Violin Virtuoso". A Fiddler's Brew. http://bit.ly/Y2RwTZ. Date published: 16 Sep 2011. Date accessed: 10 Feb 2013.
- "Philippines, Marriages, 1723-1957," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FN4L-RJB : accessed 12 July 2015), Joaquin D. Luna in entry for Pedro Cardenas and Remedios Luna, 08 Dec 1924; citing Mt. Province, Bontoc, Philippines, reference item 2; FHL microfilm 1,778,073.