|Cause of death:||Died as a member of the Fourth Lincoln Militia, Upper Canada.|
|Managed by:||Ben M. Angel, still catching up|
About John Adair
From Roberts of Washington by Carol Carter:
John Adair (b. April 14, 1759, d. December 18, 1812)
John Adair (son of David Adair and Abigail)
- was born April 14, 1759, and
- died December 18, 1812.
- He married Phoebe Mills, daughter of John Mills.
Notes for John Adair:
Per Dan Roberts data 5/8/1995: According to information in a publication of the Grimsby Historical Society, John Adair settled on Lot 21 Concession V. at Clinton. He served as Clerk of the Clinton township for 1806 to 1812.
He served with the 4th Lincoln regiment in the war of 1812, and apparently was killed in that war.
(He is apparently listed in the Muster Roll of the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia, Captain Jonathan Moore's company- July 25 to August 24, 1812 - http://images.ourontario.ca/1812/69109/data?n=3 ... This regiment participated in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane during the War of 1812.)
His tombstone is the oldest one in the old Clinton burying ground. After his death Phoebe married Hartman Freeland.
Children of John Adair and Phoebe Mills are:
- 1. +John Adair, b. October 13, 1792, Clinton, Huron, Ontario, Canada, d. February 13, 1873, Howard Twp., Ontario, Canada.
- 2. William Adair, b. 1793, Clinton, Huron, Ontario, Canada, d. date unknown.
- 3. David Adair, b. 1802, Clinton, Huron, Ontario, Canada, d. 1862, Beamsville, Ontario, Canada.
- 4. +Hiram Adair, b. July 03, 1805, Ontario, Canada, d. September 29, 1874, Orford, Kent, Ontario, Canada.
- 5. Hannah Adair, d. date unknown.
- 6. Joseph Adair, d. date unknown.
- 7. Mary Adair, d. date unknown.
- 8. Sarah Adair, d. date unknown.
- 9. Abigail Adair, d. date unknown.
- 10. Daniel Adair, d. date unknown.
- 11. Abraham Adair, d. date unknown.
- 12. Phoebe Adair, d. date unknown.
- 13. James Adair, d. date unknown.