About John Amyas of Milnthorpe
Decessit sine prole (died without children) in 1516.
Placed a painted window in Sandal Church in 1504, with arms "Erm. 2 bars gules, per pale Amyas: Arg. on a bend cottised sa. 3 roses of the field. Arg on a chevron sa. 3 escallops or. Also Amyas impaling Arg. a chevron gu. betw. 3 trefoils az." - Frost
Will dated at Arthington Abbey April 1 1516, proved April 21 1516. Arthington Abbey appears to have been a priory. The Priory (or rather Nunnery) of Arthington, in the West Yorkshire village of Arthington was established by Peter de Arthington - nothing remains of the Priory today (2008).
His brother Ralph Amyas, Vicar of Penistone, was herioted at Wakefield Manor Court in 1520 for his brother John's lands. The use of the passive voice suggests this means that he was forced to give up the lands as heriot to a feudal lord.