|Also Known As:||"John Beaver", "Beamour"|
|Death:||Died in Granville, NC, USA|
Son of James Beamor and ? Beamor
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John Beamer
About John Beamer
QUATSIS The sister of Caulunna and mother of Oconostota and others, Born about 1683, and also called Quatie, and married either John Beamer (sometimes mispelled as Beaver) or the Small Pox Conjuror of Settico (or both).
There are two genealogical records that support Quatsis' marriage (about 1699) to John Beamer, and the presence of the Beamer family among the Cherokees from 1740 through the present supports this.
John Beamer was born about 1676. His relative, James Beamer later traded with the Cherokees of Estatoe (Lower). and raised a family with a Cherokee woman. Jame's son, Thomas Beamer was listed as a halfbreed and also traded with the Cherokee.
While John Beamer was probably the father of Oconostota, Shallelocke Kittegunsta, and Ooloostsa, it is recorded that the Small Pox Conjuror was the father of Kenoteta and the Mankiller of Settico.
- Name: John Beamer\Beaver
- Sex: M
- ALIA: /Beamour/
- Birth: 1681 in England (?)
- Death: 1739 in Granville Co., N.C.
Father: James Beamer
Marriage 1 Eleanor
1. Has Children James Beamer
Marriage 2 Quatsis
* Married: 1699 in Cherokee Country
1. Has No Children Outacite (Skiagusta)
2. Has Children Chief Oconostota b: ABT. 1710 in Either Hiwassee or Settico
3. Has Children Skalilosken (Kitegista , Kittagusta) b: ABT. 1708
Marriage 3 Florence Morton
* Married: 1701 in South Carolina
Marriage 4 Unknown Woman
* Married: 1710
Marriage 5 Judith Stewart
Chief Amatoya Moytoy The Elder was born in 1635/1645 in Chota, at Little Tennessee River.
He married Quatsy of Telico, of the Wolf Clan.
their fifth child:
v. Aganunitsi Quatie - Wolf Clan
married 1st: A Shawnne Captive
- Chief Savanooka (meaning "A Shawnee") - the Raven of Hiwsassee
married 2nd: Smallpox Conjuror of Settico
- M i Chief Oconostota , the Groundhog Sausage, who was the Beloved Warrior of the Cherokee
- F ii Ahneewahkee Anewake Ailsey Anewake Ailsey -3 - Wolf Clan.
- M iii Chief Outacite.
married 3rd: John Beaver Beamer
They had the following children:
- M i Kittagusta Kitagista Skalilosken or Sealilosken Kitagista Skalilosken was born in 1700.
- F ii Daughter.
- M iii Chief Outacite Outossity Ostenaco Skiagusta Ustenaca Rusteenokogagan Mankiller Outossity Ostenaco Skiagusta Ustenaca Rusteenokogagan Mankiller.
Col. John Beamor b 1676 Eng arr from Barbados 1682 d 25 June 1739 Beaufort md 5 Aug 1701 Florence Morton m 2) 7 Dec 1710 m ) ____ d 24 Sep 1716; md 3) Judith Steward; md 4) Eleanor _____
John Beamor Colleton Co - planter (town lot in Beufort). Represented Colleton Co 1703-1705; Represented St. Helen’s Parish 1717-1720. Served as Tax inquisitor and appraiser for the Parish 1719.Colonel of Greenvile Co Regiment