Historical records matching John Bradley Cumings
About John Bradley Cumings
- Name: Mr John Bradley Cumings
- Born: Thursday 26th September 1872
- Age: 39 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17599 , £71 5s 8d
- Cabin No.: C85
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr John Bradley Cumings, 39, was born September 26, 1872. He worked as a stockbroker in New York City, and was a partner in the firm of Cumings & Marckwald, located on Wall Street in Manhattan.
Cumings and his wife Florence Briggs Thayer relocated to New York from their native Boston around the turn of the century and raised their three sons in the former city. At the time of the Titanic disaster, the family lived at 50 East 64th Street in New York City, in a very fashionable row of luxurious brownstone apartments. Mr and Mrs Cumings took a leisurely business and pleasure trip to Europe in the Spring of 1912. They embarked on the Titanic in Cherbourg as first class passengers and occupied cabin C-85.
Mr Cumings died in the sinking, his body, if recovered, was never identified. His wife was rescued in lifeboat 4.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Florence Briggs Cumings
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Residence: 1880 - Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
- Residence: 1900 - ED 760 Framingham town, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
- Residence: 1900 - ED 483 Borough of Manhattan, Election District 34 New York City Ward 19, New York County, New York, United States
- Residence: 1910 - Boston Ward 24, , Massachusetts
- Residence: 1910 - Manhattan Ward 19, , New York
John Bradley Cumings's Timeline
September 26, 1872
Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States
March 16, 1904
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty
Cumings & Marckwald, located on Wall Street in Manhattan.