John Browne, Sr.
|Birthplace:||Hawkedon, Suffolk, England|
|Death:||Died in Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts|
|Place of Burial:||Burial: Unknown|
Son of John Browne, of Hawkedon and Margaret Browne
|Managed by:||John Ryan Horan|
Matching family tree profiles for John Brown, of Hawkedon & Watertown
About John Brown, of Hawkedon & Watertown
John Brown, baptized at Hawkedon, October 11, 1601, son of John, elder brother of Richard Browne, arrived in the "Lion," September 16, 1632; settled in Watertown; was admitted freeman September 3, 1634, and was buried June 20, 1636, age 36.
By wife Dorothy, he had
- John, Birth 11 Oct 1631, Hawkedon,Suffolk,England. Married Hester Makepeace. 
- Hannah, born September 8, 1634.
- Mary, born March 24, 1635-6.
FROM NEW ENGLAND FAMILIES by William Richard Cutter John Brown born Oct 11, 1601 in Hakendon, England, son of John Brown arrived in New England in the ship LION 16 Sept 1632 and settled in Watertown, Mass where he was admitted a freeman Sept. 3, 1634. He was buried there 20 June, 1636. His wife was named Dorothy and most of their children were born in England.
- Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, by Henry Bond, 1855, Little, Brown and Company, Boston, Massachusetts. Index BROWNE (Brown) - 118 727
- Bond THE HISTORY OF WATERTOWN "Brown, John, 1362 arrived 16 Sept at Boston from London on the LION. He was freeman 3 Sept 1667 and died 20 June 1967"
He married Dorothy Kent.