About John Campbell of Skipness, provost of Kilmun
JOHN CAMPBELL OF SKIPNESS
Sometime Provost of Kilmun
Evidence from the National Records of Scotland
7 August 1569: Procuratory by Marion Montgomery, widow of late William Lord Semple, with consent of John Campbell, provost of Kilmun, now her husband, for renouncing all claims to lands of Spango Campbell. National Records of Scotland, Montgomerie Family, Earls of Eglinton: Titles, reference GD3/2/7/15
Published Biohraphical Accounts
- 'John Campbell, 2nd of Skipness1
- M, #19449
- Last Edited=8 Jun 2012
- Consanguinity Index=0.41%
- ' John Campbell, 2nd of Skipness was the son of Archibald Campbell, 1st of Skipness and Janet Douglas.1 He married Marion Montgomerie, daughter of Hugh Montgomerie.1
- 'Child of John Campbell, 2nd of Skipness and Marion Montgomerie
- 1.Jane Campbell+2
- 1.[S8] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 104. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
- 2.[S68] H. Pirie-Gordon, editor, Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry, 15th edition, (London, England: Burke's Peerage Ltd, 1937), page 339. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Landed Gentry, 15th ed.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p1945.htm#i19449