John W. Crane
|Birthplace:||Wilmot, Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
Son of Hartwell Crane and Sarah Collins
|Occupation:||Co.A., 8th NH regt/Civil War; mechanic|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About John W. Crane
John W. Crane, son of Hartwell Crane and Sarah Collins, was born in Wilmot, New Hampshire on Sept. 13, 1844; served with his brothers in the 8th NH regiment in the Rebellion; m. CHARLOTTE A. CRANE, dau. of Amariah Crane & Susan Crane of Washington on Dec. 18, 1869 (correct to 12/30/1869); res. in Washington, New Hampshire primarily until 1883; when they rem. to Hillsborough, New Hampshire.
Children were: Bert L. (b Deering; 10/28/1870), and Mary G. (b. Washington 2/18/1873).
- 1850 census: John W. (5, b NH); in Deering, NH w parents and sibs.
- Civil War soldiers index: John W. Crane; private to corporal; 8th regt NH Inf, Co A; Union.
- 1869 marriage certif: John W. Crane m. Lottie A. Crane in Deering, NH on 12/30/1869. He is s/o Hartwell & Sarah Crane; she is d/o Ameria & Susan Crane. He b. Deering, she born Washington, NH. He is aged 25, she is 20. He is a mechanic.
- 1880 census: John W. Crane (30) and wife Charlotte A. (25) in Washington, NH w ch. Bertie L. (9) and Grace M. (7). AGES MISSTATED..She would have been 30, he 35.
- http://archive.org/stream/historyofwashing00wash#page/n7/mode/2up. Pg. 353-354, 359
John W. Crane's Timeline
September 13, 1844
Wilmot, Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
October 28, 1870
Deering, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States
February 18, 1873
Washington, Sullivan, New Hampshire, United States