Matching family tree profiles for John Hampden
About John Hampden
- John Hampden, Esq.1,2,3,4,5
- M, #95071, b. circa 1455, d. circa 17 October 1496
- Father Thomas Hampden, Esq., Sheriff of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire1,6,3,7 b. c 1433, d. 21 Aug 1485
- Mother Margery (Margaret) Popham1,6,3,7 b. c 1435
- John Hampden, Esq. was born circa 1455 at of Great Hampden, Buckinghamshire, England; Age 30 in 1485.1,2,3,4 He married Elizabeth Sidney, daughter of William Sidney, Esq. and Elizabeth Norbury, before 1477; They had 3 sons (Sir John; William; & Anthony).3,4,5 John Hampden, Esq. died circa 17 October 1496; Buried at Great Hampden, Buckinghamshire.1,2,3,4
- Family Elizabeth Sidney b. bt 1456 - 1459
- Sir John Hampden+1,2,8,3,4 b. c 1480, d. 20 Dec 1553
- [S15] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 401.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 332-333.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 318.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 196.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 252.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 332.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 195.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 654.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3165.htm#i95071
- Elizabeth SIDNEY
- Father: William SIDNEY
- Mother: Isabel St. JOHN
- Married: John HAMPDEN
- 1. John HAMPDEN of Great Hampden (m. Elizabeth Savage)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/SIDNEY.htm#Elizabeth SIDNEY1
- Sir John Hampden
- Birth: 1455, England
- Death: Oct., 1496, England
- Of Great Hampden, Knight of the Shire for Buckinghamshire.
- Son and heir to Thomas Hampden and Margery Popham, grandson of John Hampden and Elizabeth Whalesborough, Sir Stephen Popham and Beatrice Bohun. Direct descendant of Saher de Quincy and Margaret de Beaumont.
- Husband of Elizabeth Sydney, daughter and co-heiress of William Sydney, Esq., of Baynards, Surrey, and Elizabeth Norbury, daughter of Sir Henry. They had three sons; Sir John, Anthony and William.
- John died shortly before 17 Oct 1496, his burial date.
- Family links:
- Elizabeth Sydney Hampden (1456 - ____)
- Burial: St Mary Magdalene Churchyard, Great Hampden, Wycombe District, Buckinghamshire, England
- Find A Grave Memorial# 110460281
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=hampden&GSfn=john&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GScntry=5&GSob=n&GRid=110460281&df=all&