|Birthplace:||Eastham, Devonshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England|
|Place of Burial:||Northampton, Northamptonshire, England|
Son of Richard Harding, of Northampton and Martha Harding
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John Harding, of Northampton
About John Harding, of Northampton
John Harding was born 1567 in Eastham, Devonshire, England. He resided Boreham, Essex County, England, and died January 14, 1636/37 in Northampton, England
- Parents: perhaps Richard Harding & Martha his wife. Also seen as Agnes Atkins.
- Sibling: William
Married (lots of conflicts on this) - perhaps
- Mary Harding, daughter of William Harding & Catherine White
- Richard Harding, b. 1583, Dunburo (Denbury) Devonshire, England, d. Aft. December 18, 1657, Braintree, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.
- Amos Harding, b. Aft. 1587, d. WFT Est. 1594-1696.
- Lemuel Harding, b. Aft. 1587d. WFT Est. 1594-1696
- Oliver Harding, b. WFT Est. 1588-1617, d. WFT Est. 1594-1696.
- +John Harding, Jr, b. 1590, Northampton, Northampton County, England613, d. Abt. 1650, Weymouth, Massachusetts
- Joseph Harding, b. 1624, d. WFT Est. 1625-1714.
- John Harding came to America with his wife and children : Richard, John, Joseph, Lemuel, Amos and Oliver in August 1623.
- from Information about John Harding
In seeking to uncover the identity of those early pioneers who may be classed as the "First Hardings on American Soil," the historian must go back to the work, "A Briefe Narration of the Original Undertakings of the Advancement of Plantations into the Parts of Amerika, especially Showing the Beginnings, Progress and Continuance of that of New England," written by Sir Fernando Gorges in 1658.
"The following account of John Harding was given by Wilbur J. Harding in 1925:
" Of John Harding, the head of the line so far as can be traced by public records, little is known aside from the information given in the public records of Northampton, England, which contains a copy of his will, dated 1636, in which was granted certain real and personal property to his brother, William and to his sons, Richard, Amos, John, Lemuel and Oliver. This will was filed March 3, 1637 and contains a notation that the testator died January 14, 1637. No children other than those mentioned are named, but it is possible, that as was often the case, other children might have been previously provided for. The will mentions that the testator was then in his 70th year, thus fixing the date of his birth as 1567. He was undoubtedly a husbandman and a direct descendant of Fits Harding. It also appears that he was an elder brother of William Harding, the father of Mary, afterwards Lady Gorges."
- WIFE IS POSSIBLY NOT CORRECT AS SHE IS ALSO CONNECTED AS WIFE OF Ferdinand Gorges (1565 - 1647) & William Harding (1573 - ____) , FERDINANDO GORGES (July 1565 – May 24, 1647) WAS MARRIED TO ANNE BELL, MARY FULFORD (WIDOW OF THOMAS ACHIMS), ELIZABETH GORGES, & ELIZABETH SMITH.
- John Harding
- Birth: 1567, England
- Death: Jan. 14, 1637, England
- John was born in Northampton, Northamptonshire County, England.
- Family links:
- Mary Harding (1570 - 1637)*
- Burial: Unknown
- Find A Grave Memorial# 70365854
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=70365854
John Harding, of Northampton's Timeline
Eastham, Devonshire, England
June 15, 1583
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
St Marys White, London, England
February 2, 1601
Little Baddow, Essex, Eng.