John Hungerford, of Cadenham
|Birthplace:||Cadenham, Hampshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Bremhill, Wiltshire, England|
Son of Sir Walter Hungerford, Kt. and Frances Hungerford
|Occupation:||High Sheriff of Wiltshire 1593|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About John Hungerford, MP
John Hungerford , Col was born ABT 1558 /1575 in Cadenham, Hampshire, England and died 1636 in Bremhill, Wiltshire, England
- Parents: Walter Hungerford b abt 1550 & Frances Cocke b: ABT 1555
- Occupation: High Sheriff of Wiltshire 1593
- see visit. of Berks. p. 231
- Will of John Hungerford of Cadnam, Wiltshire 30 June 1636 PROB 11/171
- Elizabeth Estcourt b: ABT 1580 in Bremhill, Wiltshire, England
- Frances Hungerford
- Edward Hungerford
- Thomas Hungerford
- Judith Hungerford
- Walter Hungerford , Rev.
- John Hungerford
- Robert Hungerford
- Mary Hungerford
- Lucy Hungerford
- Elizabeth Hungerford
- Francis Hungerford
John Hungerford (ca. 1560-1636) was an English MP.
He was the eldest of Walter Hungerford of Cadnam and trained in the law at the Inner Temple (1580).
He was elected MP for the constituency of Wootton Bassett through four successive parliaments between 1584 and 1593. He served a fifth term for Chippenham in 1604–1611.
He was a Justice of the Peace by 1594 for Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and appointed High Sheriff of Wiltshire for 1605–06.
He married Elizabeth, the daughter of Sir Thomas Estcourt of Shipton, Gloucestershire; they had 5 sons and 3 daughters.
- HUNGERFORD, John (c.1560-1636), of Cadnam, Wilts.
- b. c.1560, 1st s. of Walter Hungerford of Cadnam by Frances, da. of John Cock† of Broxbourne, Herts. educ. I. Temple 1580. m. Elizabeth, da. of Sir Thomas Estcourt of Shipton, Glos., 5s. 3da.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/hungerford-john-1560-1636
John HUNGERFORD was born about 1558 in Of, Cadenham, Hampshire, England. He was buried on 31 March 1636. He has reference number 9FSW-GS. Parents: Walter HUNGERFORD and Frances COOKE.
Spouse: Elizabeth ESTCOURT. Elizabeth ESTCOURT and John HUNGERFORD were married about 1597 in Bremhill, Wiltshire, England.
Children were: Frances HUNGERFORD, Edward HUNGERFORD, Mary HUNGERFORD, Thomas HUNGERFORD, Lucy HUNGERFORD, Judith HUNGERFORD, Walter HUNGERFORD [Rector of Busco, John HUNGERFORD, Robert HUNGERFORD, Elizabeth HUNGERFORD, Francis HUNGERFORD.
- page 85 of Abstracts of Somersetshire Wills,] Etc: Copied from the Manuscript ..., Volume 6 By Frederick Arthur Crisp, Frederick Brown. Will of John Hungerford of Cadnam proved June 30 1636
- page 83 of Abstracts of Somersetshire Wills,] Etc: Copied from the Manuscript ..., Volume 6 By Frederick Arthur Crisp, Frederick Brown. "1649 - Will of Elisabeth Hungerford, widow of John H. of Cadenham."
John Hungerford, MP's Timeline
Cadenham, Hampshire, England
Cadnam, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
May 3, 1602
Bremhill, Wiltshire, England
March 31, 1636
Bremhill, Wiltshire, England