John 'Jack' Stewart
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About John 'Jack' Stewart
- Name: Mr John Stewart
- Born in Edinburgh Scotland
- Age: 27 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 7 Earls Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Verandah Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Rescued (boat 15)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mr John "Jack" Stewart, 27, was born in Edinburgh.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 7 Earls Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Stewart was rescued, probably in lifeboat 15.
References and Sources
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)