Matching family tree profiles for John James Davies
About John James Davies
- Name: Mr John James Davies
- Born in Hampshire England
- Age: 27 years
- Last Residence: at 19 Eastfield Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Extra 2nd Baker
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 200)
- Buried: at Sea on Wednesday 24th April 1912.
Mr John James Davies, 28, was born in Hampshire.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 19 Eastfield Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As extra second baker he received monthly wages of £5.
Davies died in the sinking. His body was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#200). He was buried at sea on 24 April 1912. NO. 200. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 33. FAIR - HAIR AND MOUSTACHE.
CLOTHING - White pants and coat; blue coat and apron; white coat marked "J. D."
EFFECTS - P. O. Savings account book, John J. Davies; 3s 6d; keys; books of S. S. C. B. & B. Union 18010.
EXTRA 2nd BAKER.
NAME - JOHN J. DAVIES. 19 Eastfield Rd., Southampton.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381) White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett"