John Newton Baker
|Also Known As:||"Jasper", "Jap"|
|Death:||Died in Knox County, Kentucky, United States|
Son of John M. Elliott Baker, (S.W. Baker) and Etta Baker (Epperson) (Susie Epperson)
|Managed by:||Vance Barrett Mathis|
Historical records matching John "Jasper" Newton Baker
About John "Jasper" Newton Baker
Regarding his Parents:
There is a lot of conflicting data for John "Jasper" Newton Baker's parents' names.
- On his marriage record to Gladys Monroe, he was documented as having the parents S. W. Baker and Susie Epperson.
- In the Census of 1920, listed his brother Ardry C. Baker, born in Kentucky, circa 1902 was living in John's household.
- In Ardry's death certificate, the father's name is listed as Elliot Baker and the mother as Etta Epperson.
- In the Census of 1910, Ardry and John were living with their parents whose names were John M. E. Baker and Etta.
- Jasper's death certificate states his parents names were Elliot Baker and Etta Epperson.
Please Note: The information points more toward a John M. Elliott Baker and Etta, as there is a John M. E. Baker listed in the 1870 Census, living with his own parents, and having a brother named Jasper N. Baker, although his marriage record says S.W. Baker and Susie Epperson. For whatever reason he gave that information, we will never know.