Matching family tree profiles for John Jordan, of Guilford
About John Jordan, of Guilford
John Jordan was born about 1618 in *UNKNOWN*. He died in Jan 1650 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut.
According to the Great Migration Directory:
- John Jordan:
- Origins and parents are still Unkqown;
- Arrived 1639 to Guilford
- Sources: Guilford Hist 25, 45; FOOF 1 :346-47; NEHGR 62:333; Ackley-Bosworth 97
- Note his son was *NOT* the John of Massachusetts as shown here. His son John married Deborah and stayed in CT.
- See The ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley & his wife Emma Arabella Bosworth
- Don't confuse him with John Jordan of Plymouth
Notes below this point are flawed
Parents: James Jordan (1592 England - 29 Mar 1655 in Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts) and ??
- in Oct 1639 in MENUNKATUCK to Anne Bishop, daughter of John Bishop (1590-1661) and Ann Stevens (1592-1676). Anne was born in 1622 in England and died on 3 Jan 1671/1672 in Killingworth, New Haven, Connecticut. After John Jordan's death she married Thomas Clarke (1605-1668) and had two more children.
Children of John Jordan and Anne Bishop:
- John JORDAN was born in Mar 1646/1647.
Came over in the first ship (St. John). His younger brother, Thomas, may have come in the same ship and was not listed, being underage. Thomas went back home in 1655, but his dtr. Elizabeth m. Andrew Leete of Guilford and had six children, all living at the time of the death of their parents. See the "History of the Colony of New Haven" by Edward Atwater, p. 633. John is listed in this book as marrying a second time to Ann (no last name), of Guilford, but no documentation is given for this statement.
One site has dod as 29 mar 1655, but reference not given.