Matching family tree profiles for John Kendall, Jr.
About John Kendall, Jr.
"(31.) John KENDALL
was born in 1580 in Norfolk, Cty., England.
He died on 21 March 1661 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
He was buried Unknown.
John KENDALL and Elizabeth SEARTH were married Unknown in Cambridge, England.
Elizabeth SEARTH was born in 1584 in Cambridge, England.
She died in 1640 in Cambridge, Massacusetts. She was buried Unknown.
John KENDALL and Elizabeth SEARTH had the following children:
(+37) i. Deacon Thomas KENDALL.
(+38) ii. Francis KENDALL.
John KENDALL and Margaret SACHERAL were married on 25 November 1605 in Cambridge, England.
Margaret SACHERAL was born Unknown in Cambridge, Middlesex Cty., Ma..
She died Unknown in Cambridge, England. She was buried Unknown.
John KENDALL and Margaret SACHERAL had the following children:
(+39) i. Mable KENDALL.
(+40) ii. John KENDALL.
(41) iii. Robert KENDALL was born in 1612 in England.
He was born in 1612. He died Unknown in Gloucester, Essex Cty., Ma..
(42) iv. Henry KENDALL was born in 1614 in England.
He was born in 1614. He died Unknown in Gloucester, Essex Cty., Ma..
(+43) v. Elizabeth KENDALL.
(+44) vi. Bethia KENDALL.
(+45) vii. Mary KENDALL."
THERE IS SOME CONFUSION HERE WITH THE BIRTH YEAR OF JOHN
COMPARED TO THE YEAR OF HIS SON FRANCIS
- 'The Kendall family in America (1919)
- ' The ancestor of the American Kendall family was John Kendall, who was born in 1608 and died in County Cambridge in 1660. Two of his sons, Francis and Thomas came to New England before 1640.
- THE KENDALLS IN AMERICA
- Deacon Thomas Kendall who was a proprietor of Reading, Mass., in 1644; was admitted freeman 10 May 1648. He married Rebecca ___ and had ten daughters: Elizabeth Dendall born 1642, married John Eaton in Waterown, 8 March 1658; Rebecca born 1644, married 1661, James Boutwell; Mary born 1647, married 1664 Abraham Bryant; Hannah born 1650, married 1667, John Parker; Sarah born and died 1650; Sarah, second, born 1653, married Samuel Dunton; Abigail born 1655, married John Nichols; Susanna born 1658, married Nathaniel Goodwin; Tabitha born 1660, married John Pearson; and Thomas born 1663, died 1664. Deacon Kendall had no son who lived to adult age.
- Francis Kendall, son of John, and brother of Thomas, deposed in December, 1658, that his age was about 38 years, making him born in 1620. In 1662 he made affidavit that his age was bout 48 years which would place the date of his birth at 1614. He settled first in Charlestown, but soon after removed to Woburn, where with 31 others he signed the town orders 18 December, 1640. In the old registry of the town of Woburn reads the entry:
- "Francis Kendall, alias Miles, and Mary Tedd (Tidd) maryed 24th of 10th mo. (24 Dec. D-S) 1644."
- Mary Tidd was a daughter of John Tidd. It is claimed that Francis left England against the wishes of his family, using the name of Miles, until he was settled in this country. Francis was admitted freeman 10 May, 1648. He served the town as selectman, held numerous other offices and was looked upon as "a gentleman of great respectability and influence." He owned and operated a corn mill in Woburn, being a miller by trade. The mill now on the old Kendall homestead was built by Samuel Kendall in 1700 and is near the location of the first mill built by Francis.
- 'John Kendall
- 'M, b. circa 1580, d. 21 March 1661
- Father John Kendall b. c 1548, d. 1628
- Mother Mary Miles b. c 1553
- ' John Kendall was born circa 1580 at Norfolk, Norfolk, England. He married Elizabeth Sackville, daughter of Henry Sackville, on 25 November 1605 at Norfolk, Norfolk, England. John Kendall died on 21 March 1661 at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 'Family Elizabeth Sackville b. c 1585, d. 1640
- ◦Francis (Miles) Kendall+ b. 1620, d. 9 May 1708
- ◦Elizabeth Kendall+1 b. c 1623, d. 4 Jan 1696
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, SLC Archives.
John Kendall, Jr.'s Timeline
March 21, 1580
Norfolkshire, England, United Kingdom
Norfolk, Norfolkshire, England
Cambridge, Middlesex, England
May 26, 1607
Yorkshire, West Riding, England
July 22, 1618
Norwich, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom