|Birthplace:||Rottingdean, Sussex, England UK|
|Cause of death:||WW1 killed in battle|
|Managed by:||Terry Jackson (Switzer)|
Historical records matching John Kipling
About John Kipling
John Kipling was the only son of the famous British writer Rudyard Kipling and his wife Caroline “Carrie” Starr Balestier. John was born at the family’s residence in Rottingdean before they relocated to Batemans House, East Sussex, in 1902. John is often thought to bwe the inspiration for Kipling’s famous work ‘If-‘.
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Date of Death: 27/09/1915
- Age: 18
- Regiment/Service: Irish Guards 2nd Bn.
- Grave Reference: VII. D. 2.
- Cemetery: ST. MARY'S A.D.S. CEMETERY, HAISNES
- Additional Information: Only son of Rudyard and Carrie Kipling, of Batemans, Burwash, Sussex.