Matching family tree profiles for John B. Lee
About John B. Lee
1816 Nov 19 Hawkins Co TN Deeds 7-25: James Lee sold to Jones Griffin (sister
Mary's husband) both of Hawkins County, 120 acres on south side of Holston River,
part of 540 acres granted to Thomas Lee, adjoining William Lee. Wit: Edward Lee
(brother), William Lee (brother), Thomas Bailey (sister Zilpha's husband).
1819 Dec 15 Hawkins Co TN Deeds 10-33: Jones Griffin (sister Mary's husband),
Mary (x) Lee, widow of Thomas Lee, dec'd, and James Lee, all of Hawkins Co, sold to
Andrew Galbraith (father-in-law to Edward's son Green Tinsley Lee), 289 acres in
Carter's Valley, joining William Lee below and Edward Lee above - line of N C Grant
- 562 to Thomas Lee, dec'd. Wit: G McGraw, Mary (x) Morrisett, Edward Lee (brother).
1821 Mar 17 Hawkins Co TN Deeds 4-230: Jones Griffin (sister Mary's husband) and
James Lee of Monroe Co TN to Pharoah Cobb, Quit Claim to all interest to part of 540
acre grant to Thomas Lee, Sr, dec'd, in Hawkins Co on south side of Holston River
between Andrew Galbraith and Pharoah Cobb. Wit: Edward Lee and G Morrisett.
1830 Monroe Co TN census lists Mary Lee 30-40, 1 f 20-30, 2 m 15-20, 2 m 10-15, 2
m 5-10, 1 m slave 24-36.
1840 Monroe Co TN census lists Mary Lee 40-50, 1 f 5-10, 1 f 0-5, 1 m 20-30, 2 m 15-
1850 McMinn Co TN census lists Griffin Lee (James's son) age 27 TN, Mary Lea age
60 TN, Rebecca McClary (Mary's daughter by first husband age 19 TN, Emily Lea
age 11 TN.
Capt. Thomas J. Lee's Second marriage was to the widow Mary Bryan Raines wife of John Raines and by her had the following children:
- Needham m Susan Bailey, d. Shelby CO AL,
- Zilpha m 1st John Bailey, 2nd Thomas Bailey, d. Shelby CO AL,
- John m Frances Lane, d. Maury CO TN,
- Winifred m William Bailey, Sr., d. Shelby CO AL,
- Mary m Jones C. Griffin, d. Shelby CO AL,
- William m Susannah Pangle, d. McMinn CO TN,
- Edward m Sarah Tinsley, d. Hawkins CO TN,