John Lovell, of Weymouth
|Birthplace:||Weymouth, Dorset, England|
|Death:||Died in Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts|
Son of Robert Lovell, of Weymouth and Elizabeth Lovell
|Managed by:||ANDREW JONATHAN SMITH|
Matching family tree profiles for John Lovell, of Weymouth
About John Lovell, of Weymouth
Please note John Lovell of Waymouth who married Jane Hatch with parents Robert Lovell of Weymouth and Elizabeth Dunckley has no relationship to John the Tanner of Dunstable (and Boston), or John the cooper of Boston.
- JOHN LOVELL (1627), BIO FROM TWO SCOURCES
- ·2013-08-21 06:57:36 GMT+0000 (UTC)·0 Comments
- BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH:
- John Lovell was born in about 1627 (aged 8 on 20 Mar 1734/5) in England to Robert and Elizabeth Lovell. He traveled with his parents and siblings to New England with Rev. Joseph Hull's company, departing from Weymouth, Dorset, England on the ship "Marygould" on or about 20 Mar 1734/1735 and arriving at Dorchester, Masschusetts on 7 June 1735. The family settled in Weymouth, Massachusets.
- He was married to Jane Hatch by 1651, probably in Scituate, Plymouth, Masachusetts.
- Under his father's will, he received, subject to a life estate in his mother, the home property in Weymouth and also other parcels of land in Weymout h....
- SOURCES INCLUDE:
- (1) "The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1633-1634," compiled by Robert Charles Anderson, Vol 4, page 353, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Boston, MA: 2005). #974 w2aa (vol. 1+).
- (2) "History of Weymouth, Massachusetts: Genealogy of Weymouth Families,"by George Walter Chamberlain, Vol. 3, Page 393. (Weymouth Historical Society: Weymouth, MA, 1923) Reprinted in Baltimore, MD in 1948) FHL #74.47/W1 H2
- From: https://familysearch.org/photos/stories/2222604
- John Lovell
- M, #73249, b. 1627, d. 1709
- Father Robert Lovell b. c 1595
- Mother Elizabeth b. c 1600, d. 21 Jan 1657
- John Lovell was born in 1627 in England. He married Jane Hatch, daughter of William Hatch and Jane Young, circa 1648. John Lovell died in 1709 at Barnstable, Barnstable, MA.
- Family Jane Hatch b. 19 Jan 1631, d. a 1709
- Phoebe Lovell+1 b. 19 Feb 1656
- John Lovell+ b. 8 May 1658
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2438.htm#i73249
- LOVELL, John
- b. 1627 England
- Spouse: HATCH, Jane
- b. JUN 1631 Wye, Kent, England
- Father: HATCH, William Elder
- Mother: YOUNG, Jane
- LOVELL, John b. NOV 1651 Weymouth, Norfolk, Mass.
- LOVELL, Phebe
- LOVELL, John
- LOVELL, Elizabeth b. 28 OCT 1660 Weymouth, Norfolk, Mass.
- LOVELL, James
- LOVELL, William
- LOVELL, Andrew
- LOVELL, Jane
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_2f5.htm#67
- John Lovell
- Birth: 1627 Weymouth, Dorset, England
- Death: 1709 Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Family links:
- Jane Hatche Lovell (1631 - ____)*
- Burial: Uknown
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=60362443
- Genealogical and family history of central New York : a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the building of a nation by Cutter, William Richard
- The immigrant ancestor of the Hatch family of Buffalo, New York, herein recorded, was a son of Sir Walter Hatch, of England.
- (I) William Hatch, the first of his name in America, and one of the earliest settlers of Scituate, Massachusetts, was born in Sandwich, Kent county, England, from which place he emigrated to America before 1633. In the course of a year or two he went back to England for his family, and returned in March, 1635, in the ship "Hercules," with his wife Jane, five children and six servants. He settled in Scituate in Kent street in 1634, prior to his return to England, and on arriving the second time, with his family, resumed his residence there. He kept a store and was rated a merchant of ability. He was a very active and useful man in town and church, being lieutenant of militia and the first ruling elder of the Second Church of Scituate, which was founded in 1644. He died November 6, 1651. Thomas Hatch, supposed to have been an elder brother of William, lived first in Dorchester, but moved to Scituate, where he died in 1646. leaving five children: Jonathan, William, Thomas, Alice and Hannah. Children of William and Jane Hatch, all born in England : Jane, married John Lovell ; Annie, married, 1648, Lieutenant James Torrey ; Walter, of further mention : Hannah, married, 1648, Samuel Utley ; William, died in Virginia, about 1646, married Abigail Hewes, and had Phoebe; Jeremiah, died in 1713, married, in 1657, Mary Hewes, and had fourteen children.
- (II) .... etc.
- Genealogical Guide to the Early Settlers of America: With a Brief History of ... By Henry Whittemore
- Alexander Lovell, Medfield, 1649; married, 1658, Lydia Albee, daughter of Benjamin, of the same.
- DANIEL LOVELL, Boston, 1640; lived with his mother in the part which became Braintree.
- JAMES LOVELL, Weymouth, by wife, Jane, had Deborah, born 1665; James, 1667; Hannah, 1668; a son, 1670; Mary, 1674; John, 1675; Eliz., 1679, and Joseph, 1684. Perhaps he removed to Barnstable,
- JOHN LOVELL, Weymouth; perhaps elder brother of James of the same, by wife, Jane, daughter of William Hatch, of Scituate, who, in his will of 1651, names her and grandson, John L., who died young; had, also, Eliz., who died 1657; Phebe, 1656; John, again, 1658; Eliz., 1660; James, 1662; William, 1665; Andrew, 1668; Jane, 1670, and probably removed to Barnstable, where Phebe married, 1679, Thomas Bumpas, and Eliz. married, 1684, Thomas Ewer.
- JOHN LOVELL, Lynn; had Zacheus, who died 1681, unless the record means that date for the father.
- ROBERT LOVELL, the freeman of Mass. 1635, was, thinks Savage, then of Weymouth, and may have brought John, and here had James.
- WILLIAM LOVELL, Dorchester 1630; was capt. of small vessel coasting in the neighbor. seas, from whom, perhaps, Lovell's Island, in Boston harbor, got its name. Harris, 62; Winthrop I, 174.
- REFERENCES; --- .... etc.
- Representative men and old families of southeastern Massachusetts, containing historical sketches of prominent and representative citizens and genealogical records of many of the old families .. (1912) Vol. 3
- (I) Robert Lovell, a member of the company of Rev. Joseph Hull, at Weymouth, England, March 20, 1635, came to Wessaguscus, now Weymouth, New England, the following summer. Hull's company had been gathered by their leader in the Counties of Somerset, Worcester and Dorset. Mr. Lovell was termed a husbandman, and his age given as forty years; that of his wife Elizabeth, who accompanied him, is given as thirty-five, and their children: Anne, aged sixteen; Zaccheus, aged fifteen; John, aged eight; and Ellen and James (twins), aged one year; and also a servant, Joseph Chicken, aged sixteen years. The property of the father seems to have extended from the Tide mill to King Oak Hill, in scattered lots. His will, of May 3, 1651, was proved June 25, 1672.
- (II) John Lovell, son of Robert, married Jane, daughter of William Hatch, of Scituate, and probably removed to that town, and later to Barnstable. Their children born in Weymouth were: Phebe, born Feb. 19, 1655-56; John, May 8, 1658; Elizabeth, Oct. 28, 1660; James, Oct. 23, 1662; William, Feb. 24, 1664-65; Andrew, June 28, 1668; and Jane, July 20, 1670; and probably others who died in infancy, the son named in his father's will, and a daughter Elizabeth, who died Jan, 21, 1656. Of these children Phebe married Thomas Bumpus; Elizabeth married Thomas Ewer — both of Barnstable ; John married Susanna Lombard; William married Mehitabel Lombard — all of Barnstable; Andrew lived in Scituate, where he had a family.
- (III) James Lovell, son of John, born Oct. 23, 1662, married Mary, daughter of Jabez Lombard. He died in Barnstable, as did also his brothers John and William, where their families continued to reside. James Lovell was the father of ten children. .... etc.
- The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, Volume 3
- The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635, Volume 3
Birth listed as 1626/1627.
iii JOHN LOVELL, b. about 1627 (aged 8 on 20 March 1634/5 [Hotten 285]); m. by 1651 Jane Hatch, daughter of WILLIAM HATCH [GM 2:3:241-44].
- Great Migration Online Newsletter, Edited by Robert Charles Anderson, FASG
John Lovell, of Weymouth's Timeline
Weymouth, Dorset, England
May 19, 1656
Weymouth, Suffolk County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
May 8, 1658
Scituate, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
April 7, 1660
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
October 27, 1660
October 23, 1662
February 24, 1665
June 28, 1668
July 28, 1670
Barnstable, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony