About John Middleton, Merchant of the Staple of Calais
- Birth: 1460 - Bottisham, Cambridgeshire, England
- Death: 1509 - London, Middlesex, England
- son of John Middleton and Agnes Creyke
- Wife: Alice Harpur
John Middleton, a London Mercer, a Merchant of the Staple of Calais. Died in 1509 and was buried in the Church of St. Katherine Coleman.
- Alice Harpur., daughter of Sir Richard Harpur and Elizabeth Ardern. She survived him and married second to Sir Thomas More.
They had two children:
- i. Alice (d.1563) who married firstly, Thomas Elrington (d.1523), and secondly, Sir Giles Allington (d.1586). # ii. Helen (d. circa 1510).
- [S3409] Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
- [S6065] Martin Wood, "re: Ardern Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger LUNDY (101053), 7 June 2012. Hereinafter cited as "re: Ardern Family."
- I found that the burials were re-inhumed at City of London Cemetery.** Here is the information: