John Poyntz, Esquire
|Birthplace:||Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, England|
|Death:||Died in Chipping, Gloucestershire, , England|
|Place of Burial:||England, United Kingdom|
Son of Nicholas Poyntz, Lord of Elkstone and Elizabeth Poyntz
|Managed by:||Daniel Robert May|
Matching family tree profiles for John Poyntz, Esquire
About John Poyntz, Esquire
- 'John Poyntz, Esq.1,2,3
- 'M, #85258, b. circa 1428, d. 1465
- Father Nicholas Poyntz, Esq., Sheriff of Gloucestershire4 b. c 1390, d. c 20 Sep 1460
- Mother Elizabeth Mill4 b. c 1405, d. b 17 Sep 1450
- ' John Poyntz, Esq. was born circa 1428 at of Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, England.5 He married Alice Cockes, daughter of John Cockes, circa 1449; They had 4 sons (Sir Robert; James; Maurice; & Thomas, Esq.) and 3 daughters (Anne, wife of Edward Yarkley & Robert Berkeley; Elizabeth; & ((unnamed), wife of John Codrington)).2,6,3 John Poyntz, Esq. died in 1465.1,2,6
- 'Family Alice Cockes b. c 1430, d. 29 Oct 1507
- Thomas Poyntz, Esq.7,6 d. a 1522
- Sir Robert Poyntz, Sheriff of Gloucestershire, Seneschal of Berkeley Castle, Constable of St. Briavels Castle+8,6,3 b. c 1451, d. 5 Nov 1520
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 313.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 175.
- 3.[S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 544-545.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 285.
- 5.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 286.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 163-164.
- 8.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 784-785.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2838.htm#i85258
- 'John Poyntz1
- 'M, #250311, d. circa 1466
- Last Edited=12 Nov 2007
- ' John Poyntz was the son of Sir Nicholas Poyntz and Elizabeth Mill.2 He married Alice Cock, daughter of John Cock.1 He died circa 1466.1
- ' He lived at Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, England.1 He held the office of Member of Parliament (M.P.) for Exeter in 1447.1
- 'Children of John Poyntz and Alice Cock
- 1.Thomas Poyntz2 d. 1501
- 2.James Poyntz2
- 3.Maurice Poyntz2
- 4.Ann Poyntz2
- 5.Elizabeth Poyntz2
- 6.unknown daughter Poyntz2
- 7.Sir Robert Poyntz+2 b. c 1450, d. 4 Nov 1520
- 1.[S35] Peter Townend, editor, Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry, 18th edition, 3 volumes (London, England: Burke's Peerage Ltd, 1965-1972), volume 1, page 579. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Landed Gentry, 18th ed.
- 2.[S35] Peter Townend, Burke's Landed Gentry, 18th ed.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p25032.htm#i250311
- 'John POYNTZ (Esq.)
- 'Died: ABT 1466, Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, England
- 'Notes: MP for Exeter 1447.
- Father: Nicholas POYNTZ (Sir)
- Mother: Elizabeth MILL
- 'Married: Alice COX (d. 29 Oct 1507) (dau. of John Cox) ABT 1450, Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, England
- 1. Robert POYNTZ (Sir Knight)
- 2. Dau. POYNTZ
- 3. Anne POYNTZ (b. ABT 1453)
- 4. Elizabeth POYNTZ (b. ABT 1455)
- 5. Thomas POYNTZ (b. ABT 1457 - d. AFT 9 Nov 1512)
- 6. James POYNTZ (b. ABT 1459)
- 7. Maurice POYNTZ (b. ABT 1461)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/POYNTZ.htm#John POYNTZ (Esq.)1
John Poyntz, Esquire's Timeline
Iron Acton, Gloucestershire, England
Iron Action, Gloucestershire, England
Abt. 1453 Iron Action, Gloucestershire, England
Iron Acton, Gloucester, England
Abt. 1455 Iron Action, Gloucestershire, England
Abt. 1459Iron Action, Gloucestershire, England
Abt. 1461 Iron Action, Gloucestershire, England
Chipping, Gloucestershire, , England
October 22, 1934