John Robert Warrender, 2nd Baron Bruntisfield
Son of Victor Alexander George Anthony Warrender, 1st Baron Bruntisfield and Dorothy Etta Warrender
|Managed by:||Michael Lawrence Rhodes|
Matching family tree profiles for John Robert Warrender, 2nd Baron Bruntisfield
<private> Warrenderhalf sibling
<private> Mackay (Kolin)half sibling
<private> Warrenderhalf sibling
About John Robert Warrender, 2nd Baron Bruntisfield
Colonel John Robert Warrender, 2nd Baron Bruntisfield1
M, #83933, b. 7 February 1921, d. 14 July 2007
Last Edited=6 Feb 2011
Colonel John Robert Warrender, 2nd Baron Bruntisfield was born on 7 February 1921.1 He married, firstly, Ann Moireen Campbell, daughter of Lt.-Col. Sir Walter Fendall Campbell, on 15 April 1948.1 He married, secondly, Shirley Ross, daughter of S/Ldr. Edward J. L. Ross, in 1977.1 He married, thirdly, Joanna Kathleen Chancellor, daughter of David Chancellor, in 1985.1 He died on 14 July 2007 at age 86 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.2
He was the son of Victor Alexander George Anthony Warrender, 1st Baron Bruntisfield and Dorothy Rawson.1 He was educated at Eton College, Windsor, Berkshire, England.1 He gained the rank of Second World in the service of the in the Royal Scots Greys (2nd Dragoons).3 He was educated at Royal Military College, Sandhurst, Berkshire, England.1 He was decorated with the award of Military Cross (M.C.) in 1943.3 He was Aide-de-Camp to the Governor of Madras between 1946 and 1948.3 He was Lieutenant-Colonel of the North Somerset Yeomanry, 44th Royal Tank Regiment (Territorial Army) between 1957 and 1962.3 He was invested as a Officer, Order of the British Empire (O.B.E.) in 1963.3 He held the office of Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of Somerset in 1965.3 He was decorated with the award of Territorial Decoration (T.D.) in 1967.3 He was admitted to Royal Company of Archers.3 He was chairman of Thistle Industrial Holdings in 1973.3 He was Brigadier of the Royal Company of Archers between 1973 and 1985.3 He succeeded to the title of 9th Baronet Warrender on 14 January 1993. He succeeded to the title of 2nd Baron Bruntisfield, of Boroughmuir, in the City of Edinburgh [U.K., 1942] on 14 January 1993.1 He lived in 2003 at 18 Warriston Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.3
Children of Colonel John Robert Warrender, 2nd Baron Bruntisfield and Ann Moireen Campbell
- Michael John George Warrender, 3rd Baron Bruntisfield+4 b. 9 Jan 1949
- Hon. Julian Mary Warrender+3 b. 22 Jun 1950
- Hon. Sarah Jane Warrender+5 b. 4 Jun 1952
- Hon. Jonathan James Warrender+3 b. 11 May 1954
- [S2] Peter W. Hammond, editor, The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda (Stroud, Gloucestershire, U.K.: Sutton Publishing, 1998), page 751. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage, Volume XIV.
- [S1122] Michael Rhodes, "re: updates," e-mail message to www.thepeerage.com, 8 July 2004. Hereinafter cited as "re: updates."
- [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 557. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- [S2] Peter W. Hammond, The Complete Peerage, Volume XIV, page 752.
- [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 778.