About John Witter
- Birth: 11 MAR 1677/78 in Stonington, New London Co., Connecticut
- Death: AUG 1757 in Westerly, Kings Co., Rhode Island
- Father: Josiah WITTER b: 1638 in Swampscott, Essex Co., Massachusetts
- Mother: Sarah CRANDALL b: ABT 1654 in Misquamicutt, Kings Co., Rhode Island
Marriage 1 Sarah TEFFT b: ABT 1680 in Kingstowne, Kings Co., Rhode Island Married: ABT 1703 in Stonington, New London Co., Connecticut Children included
- John WITTER b: 1718 in Westerly, Kings Co., Rhode Island
Marriage 2 Mary Marsh, widow of Israel Lewis b: ABT 1677 Children
- Joseph WITTER b: 04 APR 1716 in Westerly, Kings Co., Rhode Island
- Martha WITTER b: 11 JUL 1727 in Westerly, Kings Co., Rhode Island
1. John was admitted freeman in Westerly, Washington County, Rhode Island in 1702 where he became prominent and a large landholder which possess ed by his descendants many years later.
2. John and his half brother Ebenezer relinquished all their right, title and interest in and to their late father's estate, by giving to the administrator thereof a receipt in full discharge in the year 1689. John, also by his receipt, relinquished all right, title, and claim against his mother, Sarah Carndall Witter Button.
- Genealogies of Connecticut Families; Westerly and Its Witnesses; Virkus; Harold John Witter. Gen of Conn Fams: 'January 1755 John Witter Now Liveing In Westerly aged near 78 years hath had two Wives & a Great Number of Children. And to his two Sons Joseph and John are Children also Born.' Westerly: John Witter named a freeman in Westerly in 1727. Virkus: John Witter, Hopkinton, R.I., born 1677; married (1) Sarah Tefft. Witter: John Witter, born Stonington, Conn., 11 March 1677-8.
John Witter's Timeline
March 11, 1677
Stonington, New London, Connecticut
February 10, 1707
January 20, 1713
April 4, 1716
Westerly, Washington, Rhode Island, United States
Westerly, Washington, RI, USA