|Birthplace:||Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Southborough, Worcester County, Massachusetts|
Son of Deacon James Wood and Lydia Johnson
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John Woods
About John Woods
John WOODS, son of John Woods and Lydia Rice, 1, 2, 3, 4 was born 5 20 Apr 1670 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts. He died 8 Jul 1734 in Southborough, Worcester, Massachusetts. John married Martha SAWYER on 1694 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
Other marriages: , Patience
Martha SAWYER, daughter of Thomas Sawyer and Marie Prescott, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 was born 9 10 Aug 1673 in Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts. She died 10 1 Apr 1697 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts. Martha married John WOODS on 1694 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
They had the following children:
- M i David WOODS 1, 2 was born 3 5 Jan 1696 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
- M ii John WOODS 1 was born 2 25 Mar 1697 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts. He died 3 19 Oct 1699 in Marlborough, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
- 1Barlow, Claude W., "The Children of Thomas Sawyer of Lancaster," The American Genealogist 30:2 (Apr 1954), p. 77, Los Angeles Public Library.
- 2Sawyer, Eleanor Grace, Sawyer Families of New England 1636-1900 (Camden, Me.: Penobscot Press, 1995.), p. 166, Family History Library, 929.273 Sa97se.
- 3Hudson, Charles, History of the Town of Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, from its first settlement in 1657 to 1861 (Boston: T. R. Marvin & Son, 1862.), p. 478, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen 974.42 M33Hu.
- 4Barry, William, A History of Framingham, Massachusetts (Boston: J. Munroe and Company, 1847.), p. 448, Family History Library, 974.44/F1 H2b.
- 5Vital Records of Marlborough, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1996.), p. 207, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen 974.42 M33Ma 1996.