Matching family tree profiles for John Buchan de Beaumont, 2nd Baron Beaumont
About John Buchan de Beaumont, 2nd Baron Beaumont
He was invested as a Knight on 2 May 1338. He fought in the campaign in France in 1339. He succeeded to the title of 2nd Lord Beaumont on 10 March 1339/40.
- 'Sir John de Beaumont, 2nd Lord Beaumont, Earl of Buchan1,2,3,4,5
- 'M, #13901, b. circa 1318, d. 14 April 1342
- Father Sir Henry Beaumont, Earl of Buchan & Moray, 1st Lord Beaumont, Constable of England & the Army, Justiciar of Scotland6,7,8 d. 10 Mar 1340
- Mother Alice Comyn6,7 d. 3 Jul 1349
- ' Sir John de Beaumont, 2nd Lord Beaumont, Earl of Buchan was born circa 1318; Age 22 in 1340.2,9,5 He married Eleanor Plantagenet, daughter of Sir Henry Plantagenet, Earl Lancaster & Leicester, Count of Provence, Lord of Monmouth and Maud de Chaworth, before June 1337; They had one son (Sir Henry, 3rd Lord Beaumont).2,10,11,9,3,4,5 Sir John de Beaumont, 2nd Lord Beaumont, Earl of Buchan died on 14 April 1342 at Northampton, Northamptonshire, England; Killed at a tournament.2,10,9,3,5
- 'Family Eleanor Plantagenet b. c 1312, d. 11 Jan 1372
- Sir Henry Beaumont, 3rd Lord Beaumont+12,9,5 b. 1340, d. 13 Jun 1369
- 1.[S3800] Unknown author, Europaische Stammtafeln by Isenburg, chart 685, Vol. 3; The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. II, p. 61; Wallop Family, p. 77.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 84.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 185-187.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 529.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 309-310.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 83-84.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 154-155.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 307-308.
- 9.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 157-158.
- 10.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 318.
- 11.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 424-426.
- 12.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 84-85.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p463.htm#i13901
- 'Sir John de Beaumont, 2nd Lord Beaumont1,2,3
- 'M, #106893, b. circa 1317, d. between 10 May 1342 and 25 May 1342
- Last Edited=31 Jan 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.02%
- ' Sir John de Beaumont, 2nd Lord Beaumont was born circa 1317.2 He was the son of Henry Beaumont, 1st Earl of Buchan and Alice Comyn.2 He married Lady Eleanor Plantagenet, daughter of Henry Plantagenet, 3rd Earl of Lancaster and Matilda de Chaworth, before June 1337.1,2 He died between 10 May 1342 and 25 May 1342.2
- ' He was invested as a Knight on 2 May 1338.2 He fought in the campaign in France in 1339.2 He succeeded to the title of 2nd Lord Beaumont [E., 1309] on 10 March 1339/40.2
- 'Children of Sir John de Beaumont, 2nd Lord Beaumont and Lady Eleanor Plantagenet
- 1.Joan Beaumont1 d. a 1400
- 2.Henry de Beaumont, 3rd Lord Beaumont+1 b. c 1340, d. 25 Jul 1369
- 1.[S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 78. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Families.
- 2.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 60. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 3.[S8] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 228. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p10690.htm#i106893
- 'Eleanor PLANTAGENET (C. Arundel)
- Born: ABT 1311/1322, Grosmont Castle, Monmouth, Norfolk, England
- Died: 11 Jan 1372, Arundel, Sussex, England
- Buried: Lewes, Sussex, England
- Father: Henry PLANTAGENET (3º E. Lancaster)
- Mother: Maud CHAWORTH
- 'Married 1: John De BEAUMONT (2º B. Beaumont) (b. 1317 - d. 10 May 1342) BEF Jun 1337
- 1. Henry BEAUMONT (3º B. Beaumont) (b. 1340 - d. 17 Jun 1369) (m. Margaret De Vere, B. Beaumont)
- Married 2: Richard "Copped Hat" FITZALAN (5° E. Arundel) 5 Feb 1344/1345, Ditton Church, Stoke Pogis, Buckingham, England
- 2. Richard FITZALAN (6º E. Arundel)
- 3. John FITZALAN (1° B. Maltravers)
- 4. Thomas FITZALAN (Archbishop of Canterbury)
- 5. Joan FITZALAN
- 6. Alice FITZALAN
- 7. Mary FITZALAN
- 8. Eleanor FITZALAN
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/PLANTAGENET.htm#Eleonor PLANTAGENET (C. Arundel)
- Beaumont, Baron (E, 1308/9)
- Henry [de Beaumont], 1st Baron Beaumont later 1st Earl of Buchan
- 2nd son of Louis of Brienne, called "of Acre", jure uxoris Vicomte of Beaumont (by his wife Agnes of Beaumont, dau. and eventual sole hrss. of Raoul, Vicomte of Beaumont), 2nd son of John of Brienne, King of Jerusalem 1210-29 and Emperor-Regent of Constantinople 1229-37, by his third wife Berengaria of Castile, 1st dau. of Alfonso IX, King of Leon 1188-1230, by his second wife Berengaria I, Queen of Castile 1217-46, through whom he was second cousin to King Edward II
- mar. bef. 14 Jul 1310 Alice Comyn (d. bef. 10 Aug 1349), niece and heir of line of John [Comyn], 3rd Earl of Buchan, and 1st dau. and hrss. of Sir Alexander Comyn (by his wife Joan le Latimer), 2nd son of Alexander [Comyn], 2nd Earl of Buchan, by his wife Lady Elizabeth de Quincy, 2nd dau. of Roger [de Quincy], 2nd Earl of Winchester
- '1. John Beaumont, later 2nd Baron Beaumont
- 2. Richard Beaumont
- 3. John Beaumont
- 4. Thomas Beaumont, of Bolton Percy, co. York, mar., and had issue
- 1. Lady Elizabeth Beaumont (dsp. 27 Oct 1400; bur. in Hulton Abbey), mar. c. 1330 Nicholas [de Audley], 3rd Baron Audley of Heleigh
- 2. Lady Catherine Beaumont (d. 11 Nov 1368), mar. David of Strathbogie, 11th or 2nd Earl of Atholl, and had issue
- 3. Lady Isabel Beaumont (d. 1361), mar. c. 1335 Henry "of Grosmont", 1st Duke of Lancaster, and had issue
- 4. Lady Agnes Beaumont (d. after 1359), mar. about Jul 1343 as his second wife Thomas [de Lucy], 2nd Baron Lucy
- 5. Lady Joan Beaumont, mar. Fulk [FitzWarin], 3rd Baron FitzWarin, and had issue
- 6. Lady Beatrice Beaumont, mar. Count of Dammartin
- died 10 Mar 1339/40
- created by writ of summons 4 Mar 1308/9 Baron Beaumont by writ of summons 22 Jan 1334 jure uxoris Earl of Buchan
- suc. by son
- note Joint Warden of Scotland 1308; granted the Lordship of the Isle of Man 1310 for life; fought on the side of King Edward II at the Battle of Boroughbridge 1321/2; Constable of England 1322; supported Prince Edward against his father, for which he was rewarded with a grant of Loughborough Castle 1334; Justiciar of Scotland 1338
- ' John [Beaumont], 2nd Baron Beaumont
- 'born c. 1318
- 'mar. bef. Jun 1337 Lady Eleanor Plantagenet (mar. (2) 1345 as his second wife Richard [FitzAlan], 10th or 3rd Earl of Arundel; d. 11 Jan 1372; bur. at Lewes, co. Sussex), 5th dau. of Henry [Plantagenet], 3rd Earl of Lancaster, by his wife Maud de Chaworth, dau. of Sir Patrick de Chaworth, of Kidwelly, co. Carmarthen, and Kempsford, co. Gloucester
- only child
- 1. Henry Beaumont, later 3rd Baron Beaumont
- 'died betw. 10 and 25 May 1342
- suc. by son
- 'note knighted 1338 and served in France 1339; neither he nor any of his successors were summoned to Parliament as Earl of Buchan
- From: http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/
John de Beaumont, b. 1327 and d. 10 May 1342. John de Beaumont, m. ? Eleanore Plantagenet. 1. English Nobleman: Lord Beaumont.
Sir John De Bellomonte
Born: 1312, Crossland Hall,Yorkshire,England
Married: Abt 1332
Died: After 1360
John married Margaret Radcliffe about 1332. (Margaret Radcliffe was born about 1312 in Radcliffe Tower,England.)
Henry De Bellomonte+
John Buchan de Beaumont, 2nd Baron Beaumont's Timeline
December 25, 1317
Bortant, Lincolnshire, England
April 4, 1340
May 10, 1342
Beaumont, Staffordshire, England
Shirwell or Sherwill or Sherrill, Devon, England