Matching family tree profiles for Jonathan Nye
About Jonathan Nye
Served in the Revolutionary War
- Sandwich; Return of men raised to serve in the Continental Army from Colonel Nathaniel Freeman's (1st Barstable County) regiment; residence Sandwich, engaged for Sandwich; term during war (also given 3 yrs)
- Joined Captain Wadsworth's Company, Colonel Bradford's regiment; reported mustered 4/27/1777, by Joseph Otis, Muster Master.
- Sergeant, Captain Wadsworth's Company, Colonel Bradford's regiment; Continental Army pay accounts for service from 3/12/1777 to 12/31/1779; residence, Sandwich.
- Captain Joseph Wadsworth's Company, Colonel Gamaliel Bradford's regiment; return dated Valley Forge, 1/28/1778; residence Sandwich; engaged for Sandwich; mustered by Continental Muster Master and by County Muster Master.
- Same company and regiment; pay roll for billeting allowance made up from date of enlistment; 3/28/1777; credited with allowance for 42 days; roll dated Boston.
- Certificate dated Boston, 2/2/1779, signed by Captain Joseph Wadsworth, stating that said Nye, a Sergeant in his company, Colonel Braddock's regiment, joined the regiment prior to 8/15/1777, and had not been absent subsequently except when on furlough.
- Sergeant, Lieutenant-colonel's company, Colonel Bradford's regiment; Continental Army pay accounts for service from 1/1/1780 to 3/6/1780.
Prominent in the Masonic Order in Barnstable, MA.
view all 11
Jonathan Nye's Timeline
July 28, 1766
Sandwich, MA, USA
May 22, 1789
March 3, 1791
July 12, 1793
October 4, 1795
March 4, 1803
October 31, 1804
July 28, 1808
Maine, United States