Joseph French, Jr
|Birthplace:||Raritans Landing, NJ|
|Death:||Died in New Jersey|
Son of Joseph French, Sr. and Alice French
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Joseph French, Jr
About Joseph French, Jr
was also connected as the son on John French and Mary Bowne
- MyHeritage Family Trees
- alldongenA in alldongenA Web Site, managed by Don Grant (Contact)
- Birth: July 23 1723 - Shrewsbury, Monmouth, New Jersey
- Death: Jan 2 1754 - N.J.
- Parents: Joseph French, Alice French (born Allee)
- Siblings: Alice French (born Alee), Mary Ferrell (born French), Aaron French, Francis French, David French, Lafford French, Peter French
- Wife: Hannah French (born Horne)
- Children: William French, Lafford French, Sarah Moore (born French), James Lewis French, William French, Joseph French, Joseph French, Michael French, Simon French
Name: JOSEPH JR. FRENCH 1 2
Birth: ABT. 1728 in SHREWSBURY, MONMOUTH CO., NEW JERSEY 1
Reference Number: 26500
Note: ALL FOUR SONS WERE IN THE CONTINENTAL ARMY FROM SPARTANBURG DISTRICT, SOUTH CAROLINA. AFTER THE WAR WILLIAM, SIMON, AND JOSEPH FR. MOVED TO KENTUCKY.
Father: JOSEPH SR. FRENCH b: 23 JUL 1698 in SHREWSBURY, MONMOUTH CO., NEW JERSEY
Mother: ALLEE b: 1700
Joseph French, brother of William above, as stated in his Will, was a Shopkeeper, called Joseph French of the Landing, was probably born 1714 - 1721 timeframe. He married Hannah Horn; license dated Jan 1749. Hannah Horn, daughter of the late Simon Horn and Sarah Olden, was born about 1723 in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey. Joseph and Hannah lived at Raritan Landing but apparently left about 1765. It has not been proven that this Joseph French is the father of Lafford French (see below); however, circumstantial evidence supports this relationship.
Joseph French is first documented in the southwestern part of North Carolina, Oct 1769, when he signs a petition. In Nov 1770 it is noted on the Field Return of the Regiment of Militia for Anson County that Lieut. Joseph French removed out of the county. A South Carolina land survey dated Jan 1773 mentions Joseph French land on branch of Pacolet. It is probable that Joseph had died before 1790. It is believed that this Joseph is the father of the documented French family living in the Northwest corner of South Carolina in the 1770's. It may be his widow who is shown as a female, age 45 and up, in the Lafford French household, 1800 US Census.
Documented South Carolina French Family Siblings are William, Joseph, Lafford, Sarah, Mary and Simon.
Marriage 1 HANNAH HORN b: ABT. 1730 in RARITAN LANDING,SOMERSET CO., NEW JERSEY
Married: 3 JAN 1748/49 in RARITAN, SOMERSET CO., NEW JERSEY 3 4
JOSEPH 1 FRENCH
LAFFORD FRENCH b: 1753 in RARITAN LANDING, SOMERSET CO., NEW JERSEY
SARAH FRENCH b: 1754
SARAH FRENCH b: 17 MAR 1754 in NEW JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY
Note: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Mar 10, 1997, Internal Ref. #22.214.171.124207.193
Title: NEW JERSEY MARRIAGES
Author: PATRICIA BERGNER
Note: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Mar 10, 1997, Internal Ref. #126.96.36.199066.143
Title: VOL. 22 NEW JERSEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Page: P. 143
This Individual is Group #1 Test # F80627 of French DNA test Results.
Notes from Arthur S Westneat III shows birth date of 1723.
Notes from Hugh:
Sons of Joseph French: William, Joseph, Simon and Lafford, served in SC Units during the Revo lotionary War.
The family lived near the SC/NC border in the Pendleton District along the Pacolet River an d may have had land in NC as William's daughter Jane was born in NC. William and brother S imon sold land in 1795 in the Pendleton District, SC.
Documents Relating to the Colonial History of the State of New JerseyMarriage Licenses.Th e Marriage CeremonyMales. FDivorces By the Court of Chancery.page 143French, Joseph, Ne w Jersey, and Hannah Horn, Raritan Landing 1749 Jan. 3
1. Title: Family Group Record AFN: 23WP-44G Text: Joseph French Born 1727 Raritans Landing, New Jersey Hannah Horn Born 1731 Raritans Landing, New Jersey Lafford French Born1753 Raritans Landing, New Jersey 2. Title: Jeff French Note: 5010 Coffeen Ave, Sheridan, WY, USA, 828 01, email@example.com, 307 672-33 01. I am still recovering from heart sur gery but am now able to do some updating a nd corrections. Send updates to frenchfami firstname.lastname@example.org 3. Title: IGI Record Batch Number 8689302, Sheet 9 Text: Joseph French Sex: M Marriage Hannah Horn 3 Jan 1749 Raritan, Somerset, New Jersey
Joseph French, Jr's Timeline
Raritans Landing, NJ
May 7, 1752
New Brunswick, NJ
February 15, 1753
Raritan Landing, Middlesex, New Jersey, USA
March 17, 1754
February 29, 1764