Joseph Lewellyn Looney, Capt.
|Birthplace:||Augusta (Now Botetourt), Virginia, United States|
|Death:||Died in Roane County, Tennessee|
|Occupation:||m. June 25, 1764 in Augusta Co., VA|
|Managed by:||Gibby Brack|
Matching family tree profiles for Joseph Lewellyn Looney, Capt.
About Joseph Lewellyn Looney, Capt.
13. JOSEPH B.3 LOONEY (ROBERT2, JOSEPH OR JOHN1) was born 1740 in Orange County, Virginia, and died Unknown. He married ELIZABETH JANE BOWEN 25 Jun 1764 in Botetourt County, Virginia, daughter of JOHN BOWEN and LILLIE LNU. Notes for JOSEPH B. LOONEY:
- In 1781 Capt. Joseph Looney, Lt. Tosh (Toch?) and Ensign Wm. McClenachan marched a company to Yorktown and Fiatt Wyson, one of the men, states that he was present at the surrender. Capt. Joseph Looney is listed as present at Guilford Court House.
- Elected: 1792, Justice of the Peace, Knox County, Tennessee
- Emigration: Bet. 1790 - 1792, Moved to Knox County, Tennessee
- Military service: Captain, Botetourt County, Virginia, militia
- Probate: Jan 1818, Roan County, Tennessee
- Property 1: 20 Nov 1764, Deeded by father 160 acres at Sinking Spring on the west side of the James River
Birth: 1740 Botetourt County Virginia, USA Death: Nov. 6, 1816 Kingston Roane County Tennessee, USA
Husband of Jean Jane Bowen — married June 25, 1764 in Augusta Co., VA
Father of Rebecca Prestor, Peter Looney, Joseph Looney, Jean Preston and Elizabeth Mansfield
Son of Robert Looney Sr and Elizabeth Lewellyn
Brother of Michael Looney, William Looney, Thomas Looney, Robert Looney Jr, Daniel Looney, Adam Looney, Samuel Looney, Louisa Shelby, Absalom Looney, Lucy Jane Holston, Moses Looney, John Looney Sr, Peter Grancer Looney Sr and David Looney Sr
1781 Captain Joseph Looney, Lt. Tosh and Ensign Wm. McClenahan marched a company to Yorktown (The Battle of Yorktown General George Washington's resounding defeat of Lord Cornwallis's British army; causing the British to surrender and effectively ending the American Revolutionary War.)
Fiatt Wyson, one of the men, states that he was present at the Surrender.
Captain Joseph Looney is listed as present at The Battle of Guilford Court House
Spouse: Jean Jane Bowen Looney (1739 - 1780)*
- Calculated relationship
Burial: Baptist Cemetery Kingston Roane County Tennessee, USA
Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]
Created by: Marie Mills Record added: May 16, 2012 Find A Grave Memorial# 90225231 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90225231