Matching family tree profiles for Joshua Gore
About Joshua Gore
Joshua Gore moved from Prince Georges County, MD along with his wife and parents to Craven District, SC around 1769/70. He had married Jane McColpin about 1765 in Maryland. They had 8 children before Jane died in the late 1790's in Chester County, SC.
While in Chester County he supplied beef to the Revolutionary Army.
Joshua married Francis Osborne and they had 4 more children. He sold his land around 1804 and moved from Chester County, SC to Johnson County, IL.
- Daughters of American Rev appl. # 277630, Patriot in South Carolina
- Revolutionary Era Veteran.
- GORE, JOSHUA
- Ancestor #: A046158
- Service: SOUTH CAROLINA Rank: PRIVATE
- Birth: C 1745 FREDERICK CO MARYLAND
- Death: 11- -1820 CAMDEN CHESTER DIST SOUTH CAROLINA
- Service Description:
- 1) CAPT RICHARD WINN, SC TROOPS
- Residence: 1) County: CHESTER CO - State: SOUTH CAROLINA
- Spouse JANE MC CALPIN, FRANCES OSBORNE
- source: DAR Genealogical Research System, retrieved 6/14/10
Joshua Gore's Timeline
Prince Georges County, Md
Probably in Sc
Chester, SC, USA
November 20, 1820
Johnson County, Illinois, United States