Josiah Converse, Jr.
|Birthplace:||Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Josiah Converse, Jr.
- Deacon, Baptist Church and Society.
- Private, American Revolutionary War, DAR Ancestor # A025185
- Father is Josiah Converse, Sr., of Woburn (1/27/1733-1810). DAR ancestor # A025184
i. JOSIAH,6 CONVERS, b. March 14, 1759; d. September 08, 1840; m. MARTHA TIDD, March 22, 1780, Woburn, Ma - Woburn VR's.
Notes for JOSIAH CONVERS:
- Josiah's wife, Martha Tidd died 21 October 1845 at age 83 (Woburn Records) He remarried Hephzibah Leathe. She died 14 December 1843 at age 52.Josiah died 8 September n1840 at age 82
- (1) 1758: Was furnished with a bayonet according to law as a member of the East Company of Woburn Militia.
- (1) 1759, 30 Nov: Agreement of the heirs of Josiah CONVERSE who died 1748 sets forth full inventory, inlcuding the homestead of 100 acres 120 perches, and bounded north and east by a road, west by a road, by Mary TIDD and John FOWLE's lands; south by Joshua THORNTON, Joshua RICHARDSON, and John LEATHE, etc. Sarah CONVERSE, deceased's widow, Josiah CONVERSE, eldest son, Samuel CONVERSE, and Sarah CONVERSE, the deceased's daughter, all of age, mutually agree to divide.
- (1) A member of Capt. Jesse WYMAN's East Company of Woburn Militia during the Revolutionary War.
Children of Josiah and Martha Tidd Convers:
- Martha b October 20, 1780 d March 22, 1845 at age 65
- Hephzibah b April 2, 1785 d June 26 1862 at age 77
- Josiah b September 17, 1786 d 15 July 1860 (Is this the Josiah - 56 - widr. - of Woburn - grocer - son of Martha - who married Fanny Wright - age 39 - May 19, 1844? Medford, Ma VR's)
- Martin Luther b August 7, 1795
- Czarina b April 20, 1799
- Brooks b January 21, 1803