Josiah Converse, Sr.
|Birthplace:||Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Josiah Converse, Sr.
- SAR Membership: # 18115
- DAR Ancestor # A025184
- American Revolutionary War service as Private.
Josiah Converse was born 27 Jan 1734 in Woburn, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts and died 2 Feb 1810 in Woburn, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
- Parents: Josiah Converse b: 10 May 1699 in Woburn & Sarah Evans
- 28 Mar 1758 in Woburn, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts to Hepzibah Brooks b: 15 Jan 1739/1740. She was the daughter of Ebenezer Brooks & Jemima Locke.
Children, all born in Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts:
- Josiah Jr. b: 14 MAR 1759
- unknown CONVERSE b: BET 1760 AND 1765
- Jesse b: 09 FEB 1765
- Joshua b: 20 JAN 1767
- Luther b: 26 JAN 1777
- Jonathan b: 05 MAR 1772
- John b: 03 MAR 1761
- William b: 11 SEP 1780
- 1758: Was furnished with a bayonet according to law as a member of the East Company of Woburn Militia.
- 1759, 30 Nov: Agreement of the heirs of Josiah CONVERSE who died 1748 sets forth full inventory, inlcuding the homestead of 100 acres 120 perches, and bounded north and east by a road, west by a road, by Mary TIDD and John FOWLE's lands; south by Joshua THORNTON, Joshua RICHARDSON, and John LEATHE, etc. Sarah CONVERSE, deceased's widow, Josiah CONVERSE, eldest son, Samuel CONVERSE, and Sarah CONVERSE, the deceased's daughter, all of age, mutually agree to divide.
- A member of Capt. Jesse WYMAN's East Company of Woburn Militia during the Revolutionary War.
- Abernathy, Mildred C. The Converse / Convis and Allied Families. S.l.: The Author, 1998. p.46-47, 70-71.