|Birthplace:||Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut, USA|
|Death:||Died in New Britain, Hartford, Connecticut, USA|
Son of John Hart and Esther Hart
|Managed by:||David McClelland Sr.|
Matching family tree profiles for Judah Hart
About Judah Hart
- Genealogies of Connecticut Families: From the New England ..., Volume 1
- Pg.306 omitted from this book preview.
- Samuel Seymour lived at Kensington Parish, Farmington. He owned the covenant in the Farmington church, 11 May 1707; and he and his wife were among the ten original members of the Kensington church, which was formed 10 Dec. 1712. Administration on the estate of Samuel Seymour, late of Farmington, was granted 1 Aug. 1749 to Isaac North of Wethersfield, Conn., who gave bonds with James North of Farmington. A division of the estate was made 17 Jan. 1749/50 between Hannah Seymour, the widow, the heirs of Samuel Seymour, Hannah wife of Allen Goodrich, Mary wife of Dea. Anthony Judd, Rebecca wife of Elisha Goodrich, Mercy wife of Uriah Judd, Sarah wife of James North, and Ruth wife of Phineas Judd.
- Children, born at Farmington:
- i. HANNAH,4 b. 28 Mar. 1706/7; m. at Farmington, 10 Dec. 1729, as his second wife, ALLEN3 GOODRICH, b. at Wethersfield, Conn., 13 Nov. 1690, d. 8 Apr. 1764, s. of John2 (William1) and Rebecca (Allen). They resided at Wethersfield and Farmington. Children: 1. John, b. 26 Mar. 1734; m. 7 Oct. 1757 Hannah Dewey. 2. Asahel, b. 13 Sept. 1736; m. (1) 1 Jan. 1764 Abigail Gilbert; m (2) 3 Nov. 1775 Sarah Woodruff.
- ii. MARY, b. 13 Nov. 1708; d. s.p.; m., as his second wife DEA. ANTHONY3 JUDD, s. of John2 (Thomas1) and Mary Hawkins.(*) The will of Dea. Anthony Judd of the parish of Kensington, town of Farmington, dated 3 Jan. 1748/50, names his wife Mary, his two daughters, viz., Lydia wife of Job Cole and Susanna relict of Samuel Seymour dec'd(t) and his three sons, Amos, Phineas, (t) and John.
- iii. REBECCA, b. 23 June 1711; d. 2 May 1792; m. at Farmington, 21 Nov. 1734, ELISHA4 GOODRICH, b. 2 Sept. 1712, s. of Allen3 (John,2 William1) and Elizabeth (Goodrich) and stepson of Rebecca's sister Hannah. Children: 1. Elisha, b. 12 Mar. 1736; m. 29 June 1758 Sybil Mix. 2. Josiah, b. 15 Jan. 1740; m. (1) 10 Sept. 1767 Ruth Gilbert; m. (2) 25 Feb. 1779 Abigail (Wolcott) Wright.
- 32.iv. SAMUEL.
- v. MERCY, b. 11 Sept. 1715; d. at Lenox, Mass.; m. at Farmington, 19 Feb. 1747, as his second wife, URIAH4 JUDD, b. at Farmington 28 Dec. 1713, d. at Lenox, s. of Benjamin3 (Benjamin,2 Thomas1) and Susanna (North). (+) They removed to Pittsfield, Mass., in May 1769, and thence to Lenox in 1774. Children: 1. Uriah, b. 20 Dec. 1745;($) m. (1) in 1772 Lucy Miller; m. (2) Elizabeth Brattle. 2. Mehitable, m. Benjamin Bush of Sheffield [?Mass.]. 3. Samuel m. (intention recorded 23 Apr. 1774) Naomi Noble. 4 Benjamin, b. 3 July 1755; m. in 1776 Keziah Jacobs. 5. Mercy, m. Rufus Parker of Lenox. 6. Molly, b. 7 May 1761; m. Titus Parker of Lenox.
- vi. SARAH, b. abt. 1720; d. 20 Aug. 1781, aged 61; m. (1) her first cousin JAMES4 NORTH, b. 17 Apr. 1709, d. at Canaan, Conn., in 1758, s. of Thomas3 (Thomas,2 John1) and Martha (Roys); m. (2) 27 Sept. 1759 JUDAH HART, b. 25 Oct. 1709, d. 14 Sept. 1784, s. of John and Esther (Gridley). Children by first husband: 1. Thomas, drowned in the French and Indian War. 2. Asher, b. in 1741; m. 29 Apr. 1773 Betsey Foster. 3 Lydia, b. about 1746;
- (*) Dea. Anthony Judd married first, 26 June 1707, Susanna Woodford.
- (t) Susanna, daughter of Dea. Anthony Judd by his first wife, married Samuel4 Seymour (32), brother of her stepmother, Mary (Seymour) Judd. Dea. Anthony Judd's son Phineas married Ruth4 Seymour (11, vii), sister of his stepmother.
- (+) Uriah Judd married first, 20 Dec. 1744, Mabel Bidwell, who died 25 Aug. 1745.
- ($) Sic. Probably an error in the year. Uriah's first child was named Seymour.
- Pg.308 to 311 are not shown in this preview.
- HART, Judah
- b. 25 OCT 1709 Farmington, Hartford, CT.
- d. 14 SEP 1784 New Britain, Hartford, CT.
- Father: HART, John
- Mother: GRIDLEY, Esther
- Marriage: 20 FEB 1734/5
- Spouse: NORTON, Ann
- b. 15 JAN 1717/8 Farmington, Hartford, CT.
- d. ABT 1758
- Father: NORTON, John
- Mother: THOMPSON, Ann
- HART, Elias
- HART, Judah b. 5 SEP 1737 New Britain, Hartford, CT. d. 3 NOV 1745
- HART, Ann b. 22 MAY 1739 New Britain, Hartford, CT.
- HART, Esther
- HART, John
- HART, Judah
- Marriage: 27 SEP 1759
- Spouse:SEYMOUR, Sarah
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_29.htm#295
Judah Hart's Timeline
October 25, 1709
Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
September 14, 1784
New Britain, Hartford, Connecticut, USA