Historical records matching Karl Westa
About Karl Westa
The President of the United States of America, in the name of Congress, takes pleasure in presenting the Medal of Honor to Chief Machinist Karl Westa, United States Navy, for extraordinary heroism in the line of his profession while serving on board the U.S.S. NORTH DAKOTA, during the fire on board that vessel, 8 September 1910.
General Orders: War Department, General Orders No. 83, October 4, 1910
Action Date: 8-Sep-10
Rank: Chief Machinist
Division: U.S.S. North Dakota
Sources and links
- English Wikipedia
- Ellis Island 1905 arrival record - showing that he was already an US citizen at the time.
- 1909 Marriage from familysearch.org - Boston, Massachusetts
- 1910 Federal Census - showing that he immigrated in 1891, and was born approx 1875.
- Second 1910 Census record
- 1920 Census record - shows daughter, and that they were naturalized in 1901, and that Annetta was born in Nova Scotia
- California death record - shows his mother's maiden name as Larsen
- Long Beach Press-Telegram obituary
- Long Beach Independent obituary - shows surviving family
- Naturalization record index (undated)