Katherine or Christian Spelman (Manning)
|Also Known As:||"Christian Manning", "Catherine Manning"|
|Birthplace:||Narburgh, Norfolk, England|
|Death:||Died in Narborough, Norfolk, , England|
|Managed by:||Michael Kevin Dolan, Sr.|
About Katherine or Christian (Manning) Spelman
- Spelman genealogy; the English ancestry and American descendants of Richard Spelman of Middletown, Connecticut, 1700 .. (1910)
- The heir of John Spelman was his eldest son, Henry, who became ... by his first marriage, to Ela, the widow of Thomas Shouldham, and the daughter and co-heiress of William de Narburgh ...
- Henry Spelman died 23 September, 1496, ...
- Henry Spelman and his first wife, Ela de Narburgh, had issue:
- (1) William Spelman, who was a Knight, inherited Bekerton Manor, which passed to his descendants. He married Anne, the daughter of Christopher Coo, and had issue : (a) Elizabeth, who married Francis Clophin ; (b) Anna, who married, first, William Save, and, second, John Woodhouse, Knight, of Breccles Hall, in a window of which are emblazoned the Spelman Arms (Norfolk Archaeology, Volume VIII) ; (c) Christopher, who married Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of Radclyff, and had Elizabeth, daughter and heiress, who married, first, Jenkins, and, second, Dethick, having issue by the second marriage; (d) Francis, who married the daughter of Mason, and had (i) a daughter, who married Davison, "Legatus Regius" ; (ii) Francis, who married __ Isle.
- (2) Henry Spelman, Lord of Rockland, died without issue.
- (3) John Spelman was a Priest, and of Wimondham.
- (4) Katherine Spelman married, first, Robert Denry, and, second, Richard Sefoule de Waterden.
- (5) Anna Spelman married Henry Mackwilliams.
- (6) Elizabeth Spelman married John Goldingham de Goldingham.
- (7) John Spelman, of whom below.
- Henry Spelman, the Recorder of Norwich, survived his first wife, Ela de Narburgh, and married, second, Katherine. or Christian, the daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Manning of Great Elmingham, County Norfolk, and of the latter's wife, Elizabeth, daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Jenny. (Blomefield's Norfolk, Volume I, Pages 484-488.) By this marriage, Henry Spelman had a son, Thomas Spelman, Knight, Lord of Ellingham and Bechamwel by maternal inheritance, who married Anne, daughter of John, who was either the son or the son-in-law of Lord Robert Conyers. The son of Thomas Spelman and
- his wife was Henry Spelman, Knight, who married Elizabeth Tyrell.
- It is stated in Blomefield's Norfolk, Volume I, on pages 84 and 451, that Henry Spelman, the Recorder of Norwich, had another son, Christopher, by his second marriage.
- The Visitation of Norfolk in the Year 1563 (1878) Vol.1
- 87. Spelman. Pg.249-260
- THIS CHART LISTS WILLIAM SPELMAN WHO MAR. ANNE COO TWICE WITH DIFFERENT MOTHERS
- Henry Spelman son of Catherine (Stuward) & John Spelman, m1. Christiana dau. of Thomas Manning by Elizabeth (Jenny) ch: Thomas (m. Anne Conyers) & William (m. Anna dau. of Christopher Coo); m2. Ela dau. of William Narborough ch: (Pg.252 Sir John (m. Elizabeth Frowick), Anne (m. Henry Mack Williams), Katherine (m. Rich' Sefoule & _ Drury), Elizabeth (m. John Goldingham), dau. (m. _ Drury), William (m. Anne Coo), John (a priest), Henry (d.1530-1533) Spelman
- Thomas Spelman, Esq., Lord of Ellingham & of Bichamwell,, jure materno. Will dated 1499. m. Anne dau. of Thomas Conyers, She md. 2dly Richard Willoughby, Esq. Ob. 22 Oct. 1499. bur. Ellingham ch: Henry, John, Elizabeth
Katherine or Christian (Manning) Spelman's Timeline
Narburgh, Norfolk, England
Swaffham, Norfolk, England
Narborough, Norfolk, , England