Kenneth Ferris Abbot
|Death:||Died in France|
|Cause of death:||Died of wounds, received at Flers|
|Place of Burial:||Heilly Station Cemetery, Mericourt-L'Abbe, Somme, France|
|Managed by:||Jason Scott Wills|
Matching family tree profiles for Kenneth Ferris Abbot
About Kenneth Ferris Abbot
ABBOT, Lance Corporal Kenneth Ferris, reported died of wounds, is the second son of Mr & Mrs R T Abbot, Milton Rd, Mt Eden. He and a younger brother were members of the advance party which occupied Samoa. After some months' service there they returned to NZ and went to Egypt with a reinforcement draft. L/Cpl Abbot was wounded during the heavy fighting on Gallipoli in August last year and after some time in hospital in England he rejoined his regiment, 3rd, Auckland, Infantry and has been serving in France for some time past. [AWN 19.10.1916] P.49
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Service No: 12/2545
- Date of Death: 22/09/1916
- Regiment/Service: Auckland Regiment, N.Z.E.F. 1st Bn.
- Grave Reference: IV. E. 80.
- Cemetery: HEILLY STATION CEMETERY, MERICOURT-L'ABBE
- Additional Information: Son of Mr. R. T. and Mrs. M. Abbot, of Rutarere, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.