|Also Known As:||"Frances Molyneux", "Frances Wriothesley", "Frances Darcy"|
Daughter of William Seymour, 2nd Duke of Somerset, 3rd Earl of Hertford and Lady Frances Devereaux
|Managed by:||Marsha Gail Veazey|
Matching family tree profiles for Lady Frances Seymour
About Lady Frances Seymour
Another source lists Frances, the 3rd wife of Thomas Wriothesley as the "Dowager Viscountess Molyneux, 2nd d. of William, 2nd Duke of Somerset", Thomas Wriothesley died May 16, 1667 before her marriage to Conyers Darcy in 1676. This would put the marriages as 1st to Molyneux, 2nd to Wriothesley and 3rd to Darcy. See Documents or Sources
Sir William Seymour, 2nd Duke of Somerset, KG (1588 – 24 October 1660) was an English nobleman and Royalist commander in the English Civil War. ....
After Seymour's first wife died in 1615, he married, secondly, Lady Frances Devereux, daughter of Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex and Frances Walsingham, daughter of Francis Walsingham, on 3 March 1616 at Drayton Bassett, and had seven children:
- ' Frances Seymour (?–d. before 1685), married firstly, Richard Molyneux, 2nd Viscount Molyneux, and secondly, Conyers Darcy, 2nd Earl of Holderness as his third wife, from whom she had issue.
- William Seymour (1621 – 16 June 1642)
- Robert Seymour (1622–1646)
- Henry Seymour, Lord Beauchamp (1626 – 30 March 1654), married Mary Capell and had issue.
- Lady Mary Seymour (1637 – 10 April 1673), married Heneage Finch, 3rd Earl of Winchilsea and had issue.
- Jane Seymour (1637 – 23 November 1679), married Charles Boyle, 3rd Viscount Dungarvan and had issue. Ancestors of Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.
- John Seymour, 4th Duke of Somerset (1646 – 29 April 1675) married Sarah Alston in 1656. No issue. .....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Seymour,_2nd_Duke_of_Somerset
'Conyers Darcy, 2nd Earl of Holderness (1622 – 13 December 1692) was an English nobleman and Member of Parliament. Conyers Darcy was the eldest son of Conyers Darcy, 8th Lord Darcy of Knayth and 5th Lord Conyers, who was created Earl of Holderness in 1682. ....
Lord Darcy married four times; firstly to Lady Catherine Fane, daughter of Francis Fane, 1st Earl of Westmorland. She thus became Lady Catherine Darcy.
His second marriage took place on 8 February 1650 to Lady Frances Howard (c. 1627-1670), daughter of Thomas Howard, 1st Earl of Berkshire. She thus became Lady Frances Darcy.
'Darcy's third marriage took place in 1676 to Lady Frances Seymour, daughter of William Seymour, 2nd Duke of Somerset. She thus became Lady Frances Darcy.
His fourth and final marriage was on 8 January 1685 to The Hon. Elizabeth Frescheville (1635–1690), daughter of John Frescheville, 1st Baron Frescheville. She thus became Lady Elizabeth Darcy, but would have been known as Lady Darcy and Conyers due to her husband holding a subsidiary title of his father. She became The Countess of Holderness upon Darcy's inheritance of the Earldom in 1689; a title she only held for approximately a year as she died in 1690. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conyers_Darcy,_2nd_Earl_of_Holderness
'Richard Molyneux, 2nd Viscount Molyneux of Maryborough, (1620/23? – 1654) was the son of Richard Molyneux, 1st Viscount Molyneux and inherited his title on his father's death in 1636. He married Frances Seymour, daughter of William Seymour, 2nd Duke of Somerset and Lady Frances Devereux, at Essex House on 28 October 1652. Though his precise birthdate (c1620-23) has not been confirmed by original sources, it is known that he died in 1654, without issue, two years after his marriage. He was buried on 2 July 1654. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Molyneux,_2nd_Viscount_Molyneux