Lettice "Lewys" Lawson Wale Edmonds (unknown)
|Also Known As:||"Letitia Joanna Wales", "Lewys", "Lewes", "Letticia", "Lewye", "Lewys Lawson", "Lewys Wales"|
|Death:||Died in Lancaster, Virginia, United States|
|Managed by:||Beth Ellen Harrell|
About Lettice "Lewys" Lawson Wale Edmonds
- Death: AFT 1689 in Lancaster County, Virginia
- Parents: unknown
- AKA Lewys, Lewes, Letticia, Lewye
- Marriage 1 Rowland Lawson b: 1609 in Brough Hall, Catterick, Yorkshire, England Married: BEF 1642
- Marriage 2 George Wale b: BEF 1626 Married: ABT 1660 in Lancaster County, Virginia
- Marriage 3 William Edmonds Married: 4 DEC 1672 in Lancaster County, Virginia
Children of 1st marriage included
- John Lawson (abt 1637 - 26 Oct 1698)
- Elizabeth Lawson (aft 1638 - )
- Joanna Lawson (1640 - ). Married (1) Lancellot Sockwell (2) Fortunatus Sydnor (3) William Lawrence. (2)
- Epiphroditus Lawson (1642 - ). Married Elizabeth Medestard.
- Rowland (Jr) Lawson (1644 - 1706). Married Anna Keen Jones.
- Henry Lawson (abt 1650 - )
- Letitia Lawson (abt 1652 - ). Married William Hathaway.
Children of 2nd marriage
- George Wale b: ABT 1658 in Lancaster County, Virginia. Married Mary Jones.
- John Wale b: ABT 1667 in Lancaster County, Virginia
- Benjamin Wale b: BEF 1671 in Lancaster County, Virginia
Will probated May 8, 1661. (Greer, Early Virginia Emigrants, p200)
- Lettice Wale was wife of Roland Lawson before leaving England as listed as man and wife when they were transported to Virginia (1636). Letitia (Lettice) Wale/Whale and wife Lewys(?) settled first in Maryland, patented 500 acres on south side of Potomack River 18 May 1655 for the transportation of ten persons. He died 1674 and his widow married William Edmonds.
Lancaster County, VA, Orders and etc., Book 1655-1666, page 352 - Orphans Court held for the County of Lancaster, 14 September 1665. Cattle belonging to the orphans of Mr. Row Lawson, deceased recorded by Leticia Lawson their mother. For Eliz Lawson, 3 cows, 1 yearling heifer, a yearling steer, 3 steers calves. For Jo Lawson, 4 cows, one 2 years old heifer, 1 yearling heifer, 2 cow calves. For Hen Lawson, 2 cows, 1 yearling heifer, 1 cow calf. For Leticia Lawson, 3 cows, 1 yearling heifer, 1 cow calf. --Levy to “Widd. & Relict of Mr. Rowland Lawson, deced.,” (Lancaster County VA Order Book 1656-1666, page 128 abstracted in Ruth & Sam Sparacio. Lancaster County, Virginia Order Book 1656-1661. #LR.OB-6/93, page 77)
- Lancaster County, VA, Orders and etc., Book 1655-1666, page 130 - 15 November 1660 Court. In the year summary it had - To Mrs. Lawson the widow of Mr. Rowland Lawson, deceased towards her great _____ and order. On page 32 of the same Court it had the tithes. List Mrs. Lawson, 2 tithes.
- Lancaster County, VA, Orders and etc., Book 1655-1666, page 142 - Court 8 May 1661. A probate of the will of Mr. Rowland Lawson, deceased, is granted unto Lettice the widow and relict of the said Rowland. Mr. Mathew Kempe, Thomas Madestard and Ener? Peterson appointed to appraise the estate. Mr. Kempe to Administer the oath.
- Lancaster County, VA, Orders and etc., Book 1655-1666, page 142 - Court 8 May 1661. Epaphroditus Lawson, deceased, son of Rowland, deceased, dyeing intestate and leaving a small stock of cattle behind him being part of his father's estate upon the petition of Lettice his mother in respect of the ______ & smallness of her husband's estate, it is ordered that she may dispose of the said cattle towards the payment of some small debts of her said son and the good of her self and children.
- Lancaster County, VA, Orders and etc., Book 1655-1666, page 237 - November Court 1663 had a list of the tithes. Mrs. Lawson listed with 4 tithes.
- Lancaster County, VA, Orders and etc., Book 1655-1666, page 302 - November Court 1664 had a list of the tithes. Mrs. Lawson listed with 6 tithes.
- Lawson family of Lancaster and Rappahannock Counties, Va. by Floyd Wills Sydnor.
There are records in Lancaster County which state he died in 1672 and his wife, Lewis, married William Edmonds.
Geo Wale sold land to Tho. Hains on 11 Jan 1665 in which deed he says "that Lewys my wife" consents to the sale. George and Lewys Wale authorized "our loving brother Edward Wale" to acknowledge the above sale to Tho. Haines. His will, dated Mar 1671, was probated 9 Sep 1674. There are records in Lancaster County which state he died in 1672 and his wife, Lewis, married William Edmonds.
Lettice "Lewys" Lawson Wale Edmonds's Timeline
Lancaster, Virginia, USA
Lancaster County, Virginia
Lancaster, Virginia, USA