|Also Known As:||"Baily", "Bayly", "Bayley", "Baly"|
|Death:||Died in Virginia|
|Occupation:||Came to Virginia on the Marmaduke in 1621|
|Managed by:||Richard Arthur Neary|
Matching family tree profiles for Lewis Bailey
About Lewis Bailey
Lewis Bailey/Bayly/Baily/Bayley/Baly/etc. did not die in 1621, as many trees state. He was still alive in 1635:
- "List of the Living and Dead in Virginia. "Living at ye Plantation over against, James Citte Feb. 16, 1623 - LEWIS BALY". Ref: Hotten, Original List of Person of Quality, 1600-1700, page 179, (1874, reprinted 1983)"
- On Nov 20, 1623 Thomas Bilby named Lewis Bailey as his heir.
- Listed on the 1624 Jamestown Census as Lewis Baly.
- On Jan 21, 1628 Lewis Bailey brought suit against John Cooke.
- On June 24, 1635 Capt Adam Thoroughgood secured a patent, listing Margaret as a "Bilby", then stated he planned to bequeath his goods to Lewis Bailey.
Virginia Immigrants and Adventurers, 1607-1635: A Biographical Dictionary By Martha W. McCartney page 101: https://books.google.com/books?id=orDbMGpInaQC&lpg=PA100&ots=WIX74hnZ2I&dq=Mary%20Bailey%20Holt&pg=PA100#v=onepage&q&f=false
Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s about Lewis Bailey
Name: Lewis Bailey
Source Publication Code: 4916
Primary Immigrant: Bailey, Lewis
Annotation: Date and port of arrival or date and place of mention. Place of origin, name of ship, name of spouse and children, occupation, living conditions, ownership of land, dates and circumstances of death, and other historical information may also be provided.
Source Bibliography: MCCARTNEY, MARTHA W. Virginia Immigrants and Adventurers 1607-1635: A Biographical Dictionary. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2007.